SMU v Nevada

Thoner7

I just watched most of the Hawaii Bowl - man that kid can ball. Currently a true freshman, Kyle Padron has one hell of an NFL future ahead of him. Great movement in the pocket, great accuracy, great touch, great mechanics/footwrk quick reads and strong arm. Has NFL size too. If he were a senior/ draft eligible Id want him with our 1st pick. If the Bills are still looking for a QB when he does enter the draft (please kill me) then they need to target this kid.

I just watched most of the Hawaii Bowl - man that kid can ball. Currently a true freshman, Kyle Padron has one hell of an NFL future ahead of him. Great movement in the pocket, great accuracy, great touch, great mechanics/footwrk quick reads and strong arm. Has NFL size too. If he were a senior/ draft eligible Id want him with our 1st pick. If the Bills are still looking for a QB when he does enter the draft (please kill me) then they need to target this kid.

He put on one hell of a show, thats for sure.

His NFL future consists of getting drafted in the 6th or 7th round and failing like all the other spread/run n shoot QBs that have come out of college for the last 10 years because you don't get guys wide open in the NFL simply by running 5 WR sets and throwing the ball a lot.

wasn't Nevada a big favorite last night? boy, i hope the bowl games get a little more competitive going forward:

BYU won by 24, Utah by 10, and SMU by 35 so far.

Actually if games keep being one sided it will lead to a playoff system rather then the abonimation called the BCS. Right now there is so much money in the bowl games it doesn't make financial sense to change to a playoff system. One sided games lead to poorer ratings which will hasten the demise of the bowl system. I've only watched a total of about 10 minutes of college ball so far this bowl season, when there is a battle for the TV station I'll get one in the bank and give up the game if its one sided.

Merry Christmas to all

Actually if games keep being one sided it will lead to a playoff system rather then the abonimation called the BCS. Right now there is so much money in the bowl games it doesn't make financial sense to change to a playoff system. One sided games lead to poorer ratings which will hasten the demise of the bowl system. I've only watched a total of about 10 minutes of college ball so far this bowl season, when there is a battle for the TV station I'll get one in the bank and give up the game if its one sided.

Merry Christmas to all

These are not BCS bowl games.

Didn't Ralph make his magnificent RJ error based one witnessed game? And someone here is desperate enough to do the same--with a college freshman? At SMU??

Merry Christmas to all

I shut the game off after 10 minutes. It was a joke. The stadium looked empty. A playoff would be so much better than this crap.

PTR

:thumbsup:

His NFL future consists of getting drafted in the 6th or 7th round and failing like all the other spread/run n shoot QBs that have come out of college for the last 10 years because you don't get guys wide open in the NFL simply by running 5 WR sets and throwing the ball a lot.

You are right. There is no way that a spread QB could have great footwork, a textbook release, be very accurate, and read a D.

Just because his WRs are wide open doesnt mean he cannot be accurate. You prob never want to draft a player from Tx or a QB from CA even those are two of the three best football producing states. That kid will be a stud, write it down so you remember.

I agree. He did do well. I was real proud of the kid. He made the DFW metroplex proud.

It was nice to see the team do well. I will admit that each time his name was said I

thought of that HIGH CLASS tequila. LOL LOL