I wonder what Russ Brandon is doing in the

takmwhitey

I have not completely figured out the Brandon anger. He did not hire one person in the football dept. It looks like he inherited all of them. What is he supposed to do, turn the the promotion down when Wilson offers it to him? You have to give him credit for taking a season ticket base that was less than 30K to 55K without the team performing at all. Not too mention all the other things he has done to solidify the business side. I don't want him making the football decisions either, but he is one of the reasons the team has survived in Buffalo. Unfortunately he looks the most competent person we have to pick the next coach or GM.

Cuz he was happy to act like a GM in the offseason smiling next to TO when he was signed and giving interviews like he was in charge, then once the crap hit the fan took no acountability and vanished behind the curtain.

I have not completely figured out the Brandon anger. He did not hire one person in the football dept. It looks like he inherited all of them. What is he supposed to do, turn the the promotion down when Wilson offers it to him? You have to give him credit for taking a season ticket base that was less than 30K to 55K without the team performing at all. Not too mention all the other things he has done to solidify the business side. I don't want him making the football decisions either, but he is one of the reasons the team has survived in Buffalo. Unfortunately he looks the most competent person we have to pick the next coach or GM.

only a loser organization would let the acting GM conduct the search for his replacement

- especially when his biggest attribute is his ability to sell tickets for a crappy product

a real team serious about winning would hire a NFL consultant like Ron Wolfe or an executive search firm to find and evaluate capable and qualified GM candidates from successful NFL organizations.

Unfortunately this whole discussion is moot because the Bills have no interest in cleaning out the front office and firing a GM with real powers.

All GM discussion has been the product of unsupported media speculation

Cuz he was happy to act like a GM in the offseason smiling next to TO when he was signed and giving interviews like he was in charge, then once the crap hit the fan took no acountability and vanished behind the curtain.

Nailed it. The man is a coward who decided that photo ops were all he needed to be present for. The only comment I've seen from him this season was what he said after the loss to Cleveland in October.

The worst was Brandon showing up to the combine and acting like a real GM. I have a feeling that other GM's knew the guy had no power, no knowledge of personnel, and didn't even run the draft room like he should given the position.

I can't believe they've decided he can look for his replacement, as if he suddenly knows what to look for.

Nailed it. The man is a coward who decided that photo ops were all he needed to be present for. The only comment I've seen from him this season was what he said after the loss to Cleveland in October.

The worst was Brandon showing up to the combine and acting like a real GM. I have a feeling that other GM's knew the guy had no power, no knowledge of personnel, and didn't even run the draft room like he should given the position.

I can't believe they've decided he can look for his replacement, as if he suddenly knows what to look for.

you guys are being overly critical of Brandon.

He made the decision to run Peters out of town.

and he followed that up with the decision to play the 2009 season with a junior high quality OL.

What's not to like in the guy as a GM

Classic. Now let's run the only part of this that works out of town. A coward? In one breath it's that he is making no comments and in the second he has no power. I guess you solved your own riddle. You really don't think he would comment if he could. I am sure he likes getting ripped by guys like you and Sully without being able to say a word.

I don't want him running the football department either. But I have no problem with him heading up the organization. Andy Reid runs the football, but Joe Banner is the President in Philly. Seems to work pretty well.