When "Rich" Stadium was renamed our losing streak began!

Lenigmusx

it was renamed before the 1999 season, our last season in the playoffs...try again

It takes time for the Football Gods to brew up a proper curse. I think what really pissed them off is Ralph's comment when refusing to continue to sell the naming rights. He said the stadium should not be named for an individual. Then the stadium gets named after him. He's a liar and an egomaniac.

It takes time for the Football Gods to brew up a proper curse. I think what really pissed them off is Ralph's comment when refusing to continue to sell the naming rights. He said the stadium should not be named for an individual. Then the stadium gets named after him. He's a liar and an egomaniac.

I always thought it was named after vomit.

.....it loses it's luster now that I know it's named after Wilson.

i kinda like calling it the Ralph. maybe we can have it be like Mighty Taco Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. I don't care what anyone ever says the curse started when Flutie was benched in the playoffs, we have never won more then 10 games since, and no team the Wade Phillips has been of the staff of has won a playoff game.

i kinda like calling it the Ralph. maybe we can have it be like Mighty Taco Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. I don't care what anyone ever says the curse started when Flutie was benched in the playoffs, we have never won more then 10 games since, and no team the Wade Phillips has been of the staff of has won a playoff game.

More like haven't won more than 9 games since, and they only won 9 once.

I call this "The Lost Decade."

Yup. Is there now or has there ever been another NFL stadium named after the current owner of a team? If not, his arrogance is unprecedented even among the owners group of egomaniacs. But in reality it's not the curse of the stadium name, it's the curse of the man himself.

Yup. Is there now or has there ever been another NFL stadium named after the current owner of a team? If not, his arrogance is unprecedented even among the owners group of egomaniacs. But in reality it's not the curse of the stadium name, it's the curse of the man himself.

Ralph did not name it after himself, Erie County, who owns the stadium, named it after him.

Ralph did not name it after himself, Erie County, who owns the stadium, named it after him.

Apparently you are not familiar with the fact that Wilson owns the naming rights for the stadium. Other owners have criticized him for crying "poor," but refusing to sell the naming rights. I think they know a little bit about Ralph's contract.

Apparently you are not familiar with the fact that Wilson owns the naming rights for the stadium. Other owners have criticized him for crying "poor," but refusing to sell the naming rights. I think they know a little bit about Ralph's contract.

apparently you aren't familiar to what actually happened. When the contract with Rich Products ran out, the stadium was called Buffalo Bills Stadium. The NYS Governor and Erie County Commissioner decided it should be named Ralph Wilson Stadium. Now, you could complain that Ralph accepted that decision but he did not make that decision himself. Some of us still live in the area and recall what happened back then from local news reports