UB press conference to introduce Jeff Quinn

PromoTheRobot

PTR....I really like this hire for the UB program. This was definitely a turning point for their program after Gill signed elsewhere but I think that this was a great move!

They seem to be taking it seriously for the first time ever, and they are getting a great hire, agreed. Before Gill, not sure that HC of the Bulls was preferable to OC of the Irish. Seems now, it is.

Despite the Bulls being in the MAC which is a perennially underrated conference despite elite NFL talent coming from it, I think its hard to dispute Bulls football is in much better hands than Bills football at the same points in the year.

Warde Manuel and his staff are committed to winning. They've won before. They will again. There are still plenty of questions about Ralph's true motivations and limits to winning attitude.

I realize its hard to get behind a "mid-major" program because its not "real football." Or maybe those that don't support the Bulls do so because they didn't or don't currently go to school there. But I'll tell you what, despite UB's defense having some pretty serious issues throughout 2009, high scoring, wide open college football is entertaining. 13-6, grind it out, run run run punt Bills football is not. The Bulls kinda got spanked by Pitt early this year, but at least they put up some points, made some plays. I'd take 54-35 Bills losses all day at this point. I'd much rather have a great offense and bad defense.

All good points. Quinn could have been the OC at ND with Kelly but felt UB HC was the better job! When has that ever happened before? Warde Manuel is a terrific AD and I hope he stays a long time. Being a mid-major program means constantly having coaches move through but as long as you can gain the reputation of being a springboard to better gigs, you will have your pick of good candidates.

UB was plagued with a lot of injuries and a rookie QB but still averaged 405 yards of offense/game. With Quinn running the spread offense it will be even more exciting. I also think Manuel's plan is to get UB into a BCS conference. Big East is a target but the Big 10 is not a crazy as it sounds. UB has a lot of what the Big 10 wants...big state school, high academic standards, large TV market, etc.

Tickets are cheap. Parking is free. Tailgating is allowed. The football is good. It's our local team. Why wouldn't people want to catch a game next year?

PTR