I have as much or more.....

ieatcrayonz

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but let's face it, logic is a concept whose ship sailed on them a while ago.

Why do they need to back into parking spaces? You either need to back in, or back out. Backing into a lane to leave is easier than backing between two parked cars with people waiting in the lane. WTF? Seriously. I could see if it was a few old people but it is ALL of them.

I'd ask them to stop but very few of them know how to use the internet.

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but let's face it, logic is a concept whose ship sailed on them a while ago.

Why do they need to back into parking spaces? You either need to back in, or back out. Backing into a lane to leave is easier than backing between two parked cars with people waiting in the lane. WTF? Seriously. I could see if it was a few old people but it is ALL of them.

Have you thought about putting flyers on all the windshields at the shopping mall, explaining this to them?

Have you thought about putting flyers on all the windshields at the shopping mall, explaining this to them?

I have thought about it but even the slightest distraction like a piece of paper will probably result in a panic attack. It wouldn't be a nice thing to do. I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone so I would never do that.

I'm pretty sure Howard Smith and the Smith System Institute totally disagree with you - but then again he's an old guy.

I have even more respect for them than you. But frankly, they should be euthenized.

Perhaps you intend to never age, crayonz.

But if you do, read this and learn a bit about what someday, you might face...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009112...it-is-to-be-old

Oh man the old people at christmas time

- I dont even mind that they back into the parking spots.....but what gets me is the nasty glares you get when they cant load what they buy into their trunk easily because I just happen to be parked in the parking spot directly behind them......hey #umbass if you have a huge something to load into your SUV then give yourself some space to load it!

- Impatients in the checkout line.....the person in front of my buys about 30 ceremaic whatevers and the checkout person has to wrap them individually.......I patiently wait my turn realizing what time of the year it is.....then right when I get into up the checkstand the old lady behind me is deciding she has lost all her patience and is starting to mutter things under her breath......about the time I can make some space for her to start setting her stuff up on the counter she starts SLAMMING things to show her displeasure......then she takes it one step too far and hits me in the back of the legs (I have bad back) with her shopping card........if you werent a woman lady

- The old lady that stops right in the middle of the iles to do whatever with her purse and just stands there and you cant get buy......any other time of year I just go around but you all know that you cannot do that at christmas time. If you need to stop your cart for whatever reason why not just pull it over to the side of an ile and let people by? I do that.

Oh man the old people at christmas time

- I dont even mind that they back into the parking spots.....but what gets me is the nasty glares you get when they cant load what they buy into their trunk easily because I just happen to be parked in the parking spot directly behind them......hey #umbass if you have a huge something to load into your SUV then give yourself some space to load it!

- Impatients in the checkout line.....the person in front of my buys about 30 ceremaic whatevers and the checkout person has to wrap them individually.......I patiently wait my turn realizing what time of the year it is.....then right when I get into up the checkstand the old lady behind me is deciding she has lost all her patience and is starting to mutter things under her breath......about the time I can make some space for her to start setting her stuff up on the counter she starts SLAMMING things to show her displeasure......then she takes it one step too far and hits me in the back of the legs (I have bad back) with her shopping card........if you werent a woman lady

- The old lady that stops right in the middle of the iles to do whatever with her purse and just stands there and you cant get buy......any other time of year I just go around but you all know that you cannot do that at christmas time. If you need to stop your cart for whatever reason why not just pull it over to the side of an ile and let people by? I do that.

Scrooge.

I have a sufficient amount of respect for old people, but I HATE IT when they have to swing into the right hand lane to make a left hand turn. It's really not that complicated. When traveling straight, turn the steering wheel left and guess what??? The car turns left!!! No swinging into the right lane necessary!!! :ph34r:

I have a sufficient amount of respect for old people, but I HATE IT when they have to swing into the right hand lane to make a left hand turn. It's really not that complicated. When traveling straight, turn the steering wheel left and guess what??? The car turns left!!! No swinging into the right lane necessary!!! :ph34r:

One of my biggest pet peeves, right there. Almost blasted some old timer in her '94 Tempo a couple of months back pulling that exact stunt a couple of blocks from my house. Best part was, she decided it would be a smart move for her to stop continuing her ridiculous turn, and slam on her brakes in panic after I had to lay on my horn and slam on my own brakes in order to avoid hitting the moron. I appreciate this thread Crayonz, stuff like this needs to be said sometimes.

Perhaps you intend to never age, crayonz.

But if you do, read this and learn a bit about what someday, you might face...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009112...it-is-to-be-old

I have stated repeatedly that I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone.

I don't know why they would put corn in their shoes but whatever. I just don't get the whole backing in thing. It is not just around Christmas but gets noticed more because lots are more full. You have to go backwards once and forward once. Why deliberately make it harder?

I may delete this thread as frankly people have not shown the proper respect in it. It is not just old people that go .05 in a parking lot for example. Soccer moms do that too. Jeez. Talk about stereotyping. And what the heck is an ile? I'm confused.

I have stated repeatedly that I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone.

I don't know why they would put corn in their shoes but whatever. I just don't get the whole backing in thing. It is not just around Christmas but gets noticed more because lots are more full. You have to go backwards once and forward once. Why deliberately make it harder?

I may delete this thread as frankly people have not shown the proper respect in it. It is not just old people that go .05 in a parking lot for example. Soccer moms do that too. Jeez. Talk about stereotyping. And what the heck is an ile? I'm confused.

I also have > or = respect for the elderly, but it is not only older people that back into spaces. Jeez, talk about stereotyping. You don't always have to go backwards once and forwards once. What if, when you pulled into your spot there was a car in front of you, but when you leave there is no car. Therefore you are able to go forward and pull straight out. Maybe elderly people should be able to use both spots, so then they can go forward both times, thus negating this entire thread.