Are you happy the Bills lost?

89 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy the Bills lost?

• Yes, I want the highest draft pick possible
    • No, I unconditionally root for the Bills
    • Meh, I just don't care anymore.

Before I voted on this poll, I saw that 72 people had voted and I guessed that the voting would be in about equal 3rds.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the "draft positioners" had the least amount of votes and that the majority at the time I voted, still unconditionally rooted for the Bills to win.

It's not a clear cut issue and I understand all the positions. There are people who love the Bills who want them to lose out for reasons that are not that hard to understand.

I voted for unconditionally rooting for the Bills with one admission. The week before Jauron was fired, I was rooting for them to lose so he would get fired. I had had enough of Jauron, the coach.

I wanted to beat the Patriots badly on Sunday. When we lost, I wasn't pissed. I was sad. When we scored for the last time, the camera swept through the stands and there were still some die-hards dancing and singing to Shout and it was actually pretty emotional for me. We have such great fans.

We all bleed so much and deserve so much more for our unfailing allegiance and support of this team. I live in the Bay Area and still have my Bills bumper sticker on my car and on my lunch bucket. I obviously can't get seasons but the Bills still get my money through all of the other revenue streams that the league generates. I get a lot of ridicule for being a Bills fan.

I hope that whatever we do, we don't all turn on one another over this or any issue. The best thing about the Buffalo Bills right now are its fans.

Anyone who voted no should remember that one meaningless win against the Jets in 2003 caused the Bills to draft Lee Evans at #13 instead of Ben Roethlisberger at #10, one ahead of Pittsburgh.

Of course the Bills then traded up later on to take JP Losman but we'll let all of that go because I'd trade Evans for Roethlisberger any day, let alone all the extra stuff too.

Anyone who voted no should remember that one meaningless win against the Jets in 2003 caused the Bills to draft Lee Evans at #13 instead of Ben Roethlisberger at #10, one ahead of Pittsburgh.

Of course the Bills then traded up later on to take JP Losman but we'll let all of that go because I'd trade Evans for Roethlisberger any day, let alone all the extra stuff too.

:oops::w00t::D

A few observations:

I'm kinda surprised by the poll. I figured that this being a Bills forum, where only the most rabid fans congregate, unconditional cheering for the Bills would be first, and the option of rooting for them to lose for a better pick would be right behind it. I just assumed this would be the case. Rooting for them to lose for a better pick still indicates passion for the team.

The disaffected numbers are the most surprising, and damaging. An angry or heart broken fan is still devoted, and praying for a reason to cheer again. The disinterested and detached are another story. It's very, very hard to start caring again with any real passion when the feeling is gone.

If the numbers are so strong here, the lack of caring percentages must be unbelievable amongst the general pop right now. I can certainly understand this sentiment because I'm among them. I already went through the angry, already went through the depression, already fought through the heartache, and now I feel next to nothing. I hope for the sake of those who do still care that good things come again soon for the team, but for myself it will not significantly affect me either way. Been like that for a couple years now, really.

Since then, I'm more intense than ever for the Sabres, and that's now where 100% of my Buffalo sports heart is invested. I still come here periodically for nostalgia, and to see how the Bills fans are reacting because I care about the city and the people, and hope they find some happiness. I don't ever intend to switch allegiances to another team. It's not possible. Apathy doesn't transfer well, anyway. I am now simply what is known as the "casual fan" who tunes in if it's convenient, but without any emotional investment.

I have moved on. I hope there are not too many more out there like me, but I suspect there are, and if so that really is a shame.