Enough false hope of a Bills 'rebuild', when do they start?

Chuckknox

If you believe the news stories, the Bills offered Shanahan $50M plus a piece of the Bills, which is more than any other coach gets paid. And he still didn't accept. So what else besides taking family members hostage?

PTR

Seriously? I hope to God that's not actually true. A freakin' piece of the team and he turned it down?

Man, Buffalo gets a bad rap. Nobody wants to come to town. "It's too cold and snowy. There's nothing to do. Blah, blah, blah." Have these nuts been to Green Bay (I mean aside from Lambeau)? Not sayin' any of them actually said this, but I've heard it enough over the years to get sick of it. In the nine years I've lived on the southern coast of Maine (only a little over an hour north of Boston), we've gotten more snow than Buffalo every single year and it's consistently colder. :doh:

Sorry. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll wake up and the last decade of Bills mediocrity will have been a dream...

Seriously? I hope to God that's not actually true. A freakin' piece of the team and he turned it down?

Man, Buffalo gets a bad rap. Nobody wants to come to town. "It's too cold and snowy. There's nothing to do. Blah, blah, blah." Have these nuts been to Green Bay (I mean aside from Lambeau)? Not sayin' any of them actually said this, but I've heard it enough over the years to get sick of it. In the nine years I've lived on the southern coast of Maine (only a little over an hour north of Boston), we've gotten more snow than Buffalo every single year and it's consistently colder. :doh:

Sorry. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll wake up and the last decade of Bills mediocrity will have been a dream...

If you're talking about regions, Buffalo >>> Green Bay, not even close IMO. But Green Bay has tradition on it's side and Green Bay doesn't have a POS for an owner.

If you're talking about regions, Buffalo >>> Green Bay, not even close IMO. But Green Bay has tradition on it's side and Green Bay doesn't have a POS for an owner.

Maybe not, but that's because they're a publicly held team. Now Ted Thompson (GB-GM) doesn't seem to have many fans either.....

I don't recall reading any article which specifically claimed that offer was ever made. Based on everything I read, I reached the conclusion that all the numbers being thrown around were coming from Shanahan's side, essentially identifying what his asking price might end up being. I wouldn't be surprised if there was little to no discussion of specific financial terms in the meeting/presentation with Brandon and Shanahan.

When do the Bills release details on finalized negotiations let alone initial offers?

IMO one of the reasons Jauron was fired midseason was because Ralph wanted Brandon to get a jump start on looking for a "real" GM. From both a business and personal perspective, it would have been really tacky to do that essentially behind Jauron's back while he was still coaching here.

OTOH, who cares? Jauron, unless he is brain dead, knew he was a dead man walking given what transpired this season, and it's really not all that much of a beneficent gesture to pay a guy to sit home versus let him try to do his job and see if he can work any sort of a miracle. Letting him go mid-season, Photoshopping him out of the team picture, etc. is a total slap in the face. It's publicly stamping "total incompetent" on his file. And, so far, it has all the look of "a plan" that was nothing more than a knee-jerk marketing move; a chance to respond to a billboard and negative fan polls while tossing the unwashed masses a few crumbs about courting legends...

Edit: But, we can spin that into thinking that they are really more interested in some hot coordinator. Until it pans out like it did for Donahoe and all the hot coordinators go elsewhere and the Bills end up eating with the vultures.

Maybe not, but that's because they're a publicly held team. Now Ted Thompson (GB-GM) doesn't seem to have many fans either.....
That's mostly cause what he did with Favre though, ain't it? His other moves seem to be pretty good.

OTOH Ralph has decades full of bad decisions & burned bridges. :doh: