Enough false hope of a Bills 'rebuild', when do they start?

Chuckknox

Maybe you missed it the 3,000 other times this was discussed.

The Bills cannot speak with anyone who is employed with an NFL team. The Bills contacted all the rock star names you are obviously nervous about. They met Shanahan. Holmgren said no. Gruden said he wants to stay in TV. Dungy said he is not planning on coaching in 2010. Shottenheimer said he's retired. Cowher said he will not interview with anyone until the season ends.

So unless there are any unemployed GMs or coachs you think we need to hire, the Bills have to wait until the season ends to talk to anyone with a job.

PTR

The Bills cannot speak with anyone who is employed with an NFL team. The Bills contacted all the rock star names you are obviously nervous about. They met Shanahan. Holmgren said no. Gruden said he wants to stay in TV. Dungy said he is not planning on coaching in 2010. Shottenheimer said he's retired. Cowher said he will not interview with anyone until the season ends.

So unless there are any unemployed GMs or coachs you think we need to hire, the Bills have to wait until the season ends to talk to anyone with a job.

PTR

A bit of knowledge, common sense, and logic. We'll have none of that here!

PTR

So? I say do it anyway. Eff the establishment. I say the Bills new regime should be Anarchists. Anything is better then the current nihilists running the roost.

PTR

yes i agree with you. we need to wait until seasons end to make more horrible decisions.

So? I say do it anyway. Eff the establishment. I say the Bills new regime should be Anarchists. Anything is better then the current nihilists running the roost.

WTF are you talking about??? This is not a gentleman's agreement, it's an NFL rule. Besides, if the Bills are reaching out to candidates under the table they aren't going to tell anyone and risk NFL sanctions.

PTR

Yeah, that's it. It's all part of the master plan. Let's see, the plan goes something like, relieve Mauron of his coaching duties in mid-season so you can fly the salesman and his Powerpoint presentation to Mike Shanahan's home and then ... sit on your hands and keep a sharp look out for the greener grass invariably always over the next hill.

WTF are you talking about??? This is not a gentleman's agreement, it's an NFL rule. Besides, if the Bills are reaching out to candidates under the table they aren't going to tell anyone and risk NFL sanctions.

PTR

It makes me laugh at how seriously you take things. lol. Did you really think I was serious? You need to lighten up.

Yeah, that's it. It's all part of the master plan. Let's see, the plan goes something like, relieve Mauron of his coaching duties in mid-season so you can fly the salesman and his Powerpoint presentation to Mike Shanahan's home and then ... sit on your hands and keep a sharp look out for the greener grass invariably always over the next hill.

If you believe the news stories, the Bills offered Shanahan $50M plus a piece of the Bills, which is more than any other coach gets paid. And he still didn't accept. So what else besides taking family members hostage?

PTR

:wallbash:

it would be nice if they would elaborate in what form the continuity takes hold... obviously poorly but they just simply refuse to acknowledge it. the likelihood of a 5-11 record is breaking away from the continuity fans have come to hold dear... our traditional 7-9 continuity is being thwarted by a group of rogues who are determined to bust up the glorious 7-9 string.

and I'm still sending in my resume, with an addendum from today's glorious contest in Orchard Park... and I doubt sanctions apply to me. :doh:

PTR

Nah, I'm really glad I opened this thread with a nondescript title and a bunch of crap that I've been reading all autumn.

If you believe the news stories, the Bills offered Shanahan $50M plus a piece of the Bills, which is more than any other coach gets paid. And he still didn't accept. So what else besides taking family members hostage?

PTR

I know. Hence the high comedy of pretending it was "a plan". :doh:

More like an impression from a delusion in an illusion of a fantasy through an enigma rolled in a dream of a hallucination.

it would be nice if they would elaborate in what form the continuity takes hold... obviously poorly but they just simply refuse to acknowledge it. the likelihood of a 5-11 record is breaking away from the continuity fans have come to hold dear... our traditional 7-9 continuity is being thwarted by a group of rogues who are determined to bust up the glorious 7-9 string.

and I'm still sending in my resume, with an addendum from today's glorious contest in Orchard Park... and I doubt sanctions apply to me. :doh:

I would say send it in. This is a silly argument that has surfaced many times. Some say hire someone now and others say we cannot hire anyone currently employed in the NFL. I don't really see this as an argument, just a misunderstanding.

To the first group I say, there is no urgency because we will not be hiring someone that anyone else wants. To the second group, don't worry, it is unlikely we will hire anyone currently employed by the NFL. We are not getting a well qualified GM or coach. It will be from elsewhere. I think Chalkie has a shot at either job, if he agrees to a pay cut from what he is currently doing.

PTR

I don't recall reading any article which specifically claimed that offer was ever made. Based on everything I read, I reached the conclusion that all the numbers being thrown around were coming from Shanahan's side, essentially identifying what his asking price might end up being. I wouldn't be surprised if there was little to no discussion of specific financial terms in the meeting/presentation with Brandon and Shanahan.

IMO one of the reasons Jauron was fired midseason was because Ralph wanted Brandon to get a jump start on looking for a "real" GM. From both a business and personal perspective, it would have been really tacky to do that essentially behind Jauron's back while he was still coaching here.

Continuity is important though... if you change too much/too soon, you may upset the leaders on the team like Lil Donte, Evans, etc... it might affect their performance on the field.