Dude in Rochester sentenced to 3 life sentences

JÂy RÛßeÒ

No problem with that - the guy deserved it for killing 3 people.

Trouble is, he also killed 2 people in another county and had already been tried and convicted, sentenced to 2 life sentences no chance for parole.

What's the point? Why go through the time, trouble, and expense of a second trial? So that families of the victims in Monroe County can feel the same closure that the other ones do?

Trouble is, he also killed 2 people in another county and had already been tried and convicted, sentenced to 2 life sentences no chance for parole.

What's the point? Why go through the time, trouble, and expense of a second trial? So that families of the victims in Monroe County can feel the same closure that the other ones do?

I can see the waste of money arguement, but if my wife was one of those 3, then I would want justice served for her regardless of other trials.

Plus, say there is a miracle for this guy and one of the convictions gets overturned on appeal. Nice to have a back-up.

So that families of the victims in Monroe County can feel the same closure that the other ones do?

Hopefully that's why. Also have to consider that the verdict in the other case could be overturned.

(then there's the DA being able to point to the case when it comes time for reelection)

All they need to do is uphold the original ruling. There are to many "life sentences" that are not actual life sentences.

I can see the waste of money arguement, but if my wife was one of those 3, then I would want justice served for her regardless of other trials.

Plus, say there is a miracle for this guy and one of the convictions gets overturned on appeal. Nice to have a back-up.

Agreed on both posts.

I didn't realize justice had a "price".

problem is...the older cases could be overturned at some point on techicalities or DNA. Gotta try the guy on the new stuff.

Justice doesn't have a price.

But the legal system does. A very high one.

True.

But when people start talking about the cost of justice via the legal system, they are talking about the cost of justice itself.