Whites to be minority by 2050

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big problem is the growth of the entitlement class compared to the productive class. You can analyze that by race, age or whatever. That is the most telling shift in our society IMO. The invasion (it is an invasion) of Mexican's over the past 4 decades or so (and the looming amnesty) looks like a disaster in the making. It will and already has resulted in the next wave of racism. There is great animosity among many Americans toward Mexican illegal immigrants because they have been able to come here for the wrong reasons, commit crimes, take jobs and consume taxpayer funded services. They would be more welcomed if they came here properly. Our Politicians are blind to this. Additionally we are importing a group of people who generally speaking have low education, low skills, low expectations and often low morality. Very bad for our country IMO.

Additionally we are importing a group of people who generally speaking have low education, low skills, low expectations and often low morality. Very bad for our country IMO.

Who is providing the work for them to remain in this country?

Many of these same things were said of the Italians and Irish that poured into this country many, many years ago, and it did not ruin our country. This sort of thing happens from time to time, and now it just happens to be from non-European sources. There is little difference, and if you had lived in a major city in 1910 then you probably would have said the same thing, but a funny thing happened after- their descendants spoke English, grew productive, and added so much to our country.

All of this race nonsense is an American invention, sought to frighten everyone. I'm not buying...

Who is providing the work for them to remain in this country?

Many of these same things were said of the Italians and Irish that poured into this country many, many years ago, and it did not ruin our country. This sort of thing happens from time to time, and now it just happens to be from non-European sources. There is little difference, and if you had lived in a major city in 1910 then you probably would have said the same thing, but a funny thing happened after- their descendants spoke English, grew productive, and added so much to our country.

All of this race nonsense is an American invention, sought to frighten everyone. I'm not buying...

I agree with some of this.

Slavery, bringing people here for the wrong reason, has turned out very badly for our country.

Illegal immigration, people here for the wrong reason, will have a similar result IMO. Americans overall resent that they are here due to the crime that is committed and the burdening of services. That's at the root of the racism or just animosity toward tis ethnic group. Illegal immigration is a huge negative that as been mostly ignored by both parties.

Don't have many Hispanics in your area, do you?

You don't live near the border do you? Go down to soCal and you'll see that the majority of the people crossing the border are poor uneducated rural Mexicans looking for low paying jobs. Not a lot of doctors, scientists, engineers etc heading this way.

I agree with some of this.

Slavery, bringing people here for the wrong reason, has turned out very badly for our country.

Illegal immigration, people here for the wrong reason, will have a similar result IMO. Americans overall resent that they are here due to the crime that is committed and the burdening of services. That's at the root of the racism or just animosity toward tis ethnic group. Illegal immigration is a huge negative that as been mostly ignored by both parties.

I am disturbed by your premise that illegal immigrants bring a bulk of the crime to this country, which I just do not see. Our services are already burdened by the baby boomers who are in their retirement years and are siphoning off money. We MUST have a younger workforce to bolster our population, because we will be very senior-heavy in the next few decades. In fact, this wave may be a blessing in disguise.

You don't live near the border do you? Go down to soCal and you'll see that the majority of the people crossing the border are poor uneducated rural Mexicans looking for low paying jobs. Not a lot of doctors, scientists, engineers etc heading this way.

Actually, my city has more Mexicans than yours. Only LA tops us. Nah nah na poo poo.

I am disturbed by your premise that illegal immigrants bring a bulk of the crime to this country, which I just do not see. Our services are already burdened by the baby boomers who are in their retirement years and are siphoning off money. We MUST have a younger workforce to bolster our population, because we will be very senior-heavy in the next few decades. In fact, this wave may be a blessing in disguise.

I never said the bulk of crime was committed by illegals, but if you do some research you'll find that the crime rate among hispanics (legal or otherwise) is quite high and that a lot of crime is commited by illegals. Baby boomers paid into Social Security and Medicare their entire working lives. They and their employers have paid for the benefits. The Feds haven't managed that money very well. There is no shortage of a workforce here, and you could argue that we have too many workers with unempoyment what it is. You can't be for more jobs and support illegal immigration. We need Americans only filling every job possible.

I never said the bulk of crime was committed by illegals, but if you do some research you'll find that the crime rate among hispanics (legal or otherwise) is quite high and that a lot of crime is commited by illegals. Baby boomers paid into Social Security and Medicare their entire working lives. They and their employers have paid for the benefits. The Feds haven't managed that money very well. There is no shortage of a workforce here, and you could argue that we have too many workers with unempoyment what it is. You can't be for more jobs and support illegal immigration. We need Americans only filling every job possible.

"Crime rate" is a damning but un-telling statistic given all of the factors that go into what causes a "crime" and how/where "crimes" are measured.

With that in mind, it's easy to cherry pick crime rate stats to make a case for the immigration "problem." But, I personally find crime stats misleading, so I don't think they have a place in this debate.

However, I completely agree that there's simply no place for illegal immigrants in our economic system. Those who employ them are equally, if not more "guilty" than the illegals themselves. This goes for anyone who's picked up a truck-full of handymen in the parking lot at Home Depot, anyone with a Guatemalan nanny, anyone trying to save money on barbacks and bus boys, and the like. With this in mind, I think it's foolish to blame the "Fed."

The big problem is the growth of the entitlement class compared to the productive class. You can analyze that by race, age or whatever. That is the most telling shift in our society IMO. The invasion (it is an invasion) of Mexican's over the past 4 decades or so (and the looming amnesty) looks like a disaster in the making. It will and already has resulted in the next wave of racism. There is great animosity among many Americans toward Mexican illegal immigrants because they have been able to come here for the wrong reasons, commit crimes, take jobs and consume taxpayer funded services. They would be more welcomed if they came here properly. Our Politicians are blind to this. Additionally we are importing a group of people who generally speaking have low education, low skills, low expectations and often low morality. Very bad for our country IMO.

why do we have a arbitrary border anyway? the problem is solved once u make them legal and have them pay into the system....