Todd McShay

dave mcbride

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a glorified blogger who has no more credibility as an evaluator than you or I.

Yeah, TBD posters vs. Todd McShay. Pardon me if I don't take you at face value on that one.

I don't remember McShay ever calling Maybin a "can't miss superstar." Link? I do remember him saying Matt Ryan would be a superstar when Kiper was saying just the opposite. Pardon me if I'll take his word over that of Florio or most of the TBD draftnicks.

I agree with McShay on this one.

Locker is a possible franchise QB and easily could have been a top 5 selection in this years draft.

Who was on the committee? The same people who told JaMarcus Russell to turn pro?

Locker has it all. A big arm, mobility, toughness and solid leadership ability.

Yeah, TBD posters vs. Todd McShay. Pardon me if I don't take you at face value on that one.

I don't remember McShay ever calling Maybin a "can't miss superstar." Link? I do remember him saying Matt Ryan would be a superstar when Kiper was saying just the opposite. Pardon me if I'll take his word over that of Florio or most of the TBD draftnicks.

McShay had Maybin as the 9th overall prospect and the best pass rusher in the class - which is obviously not the case. He also didnt like Matt Ryan till Mike Mayock - a real scout - liked him. He also had Russel as the top QB.

And yes many posters on this board know more about scouting college players to the NFL than McShay. Do you think just because he is on ESPN he is some kidn of football God? All the guy (and Kiper) do is read BLESTO-V reports and dumb them down as if they have a clue.

McShay had Maybin as the 9th overall prospect and the best pass rusher in the class - which is obviously not the case.

Says who?

Did he say that Maybin would be the best prospect in his first year? LINK?

We don't know what Maybin will be. He's still extremely young.

Says who?

For real people, the kid is 21 and missed the entire training camp. Sorry he isn't as good as Jared Allen yet.

Who was on the committee? The same people who told JaMarcus Russell to turn pro?

I'd say JaMarcus Russell received GREAT advice, actually.

Says who?

McShay's Feb 2, 2009 Mock Draft. Buffalo Bills Pick #11 - Error Maybe - DE/OLB Penn State

March 12 Combo Draft - McShay and Kiper. Buffalo Bills Pick #11 Everette Brown/Brandon Pettigrew (Error was off the board - Kiper had him going to SF at #10 and McShay to Green Bay at the nine spot.

Kiper - Error Maybe is another combo type who is explosive out of the blocks and relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback.

McShay - The Packers could use a young pass-rusher like Error Maybe to complement Aaron Kampman at outside linebacker in Dom Capers' newly implemented 3-4 scheme.

McShay's Feb 2, 2009 Mock Draft. Buffalo Bills Pick #11 - Error Maybe - DE/OLB Penn State

March 12 Combo Draft - McShay and Kiper. Buffalo Bills Pick #11 Everette Brown/Brandon Pettigrew (Error was off the board - Kiper had him going to SF at #10 and McShay to Green Bay at the nine spot.

Kiper - Error Maybe is another combo type who is explosive out of the blocks and relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback.

McShay - The Packers could use a young pass-rusher like Error Maybe to complement Aaron Kampman at outside linebacker in Dom Capers' newly implemented 3-4 scheme.

Who is error? Do you mean Maybin?

I agree with McShay on this one.

Locker is a possible franchise QB and easily could have been a top 5 selection in this years draft.

Locker has it all. A big arm, mobility, toughness and solid leadership ability.

But he is also one Sam Bradford injury away from losing 30 Million in guarantees.

I get the Kiper thing, he's been working the draft since the early eighties (84 I believe), but he's been analyzing prospects before. McShay has been thrust upon us as some "expert" for the past few years, and I've never thought he was credible. For my money, Mike Mayock is the best draft expert in the business.

Nice....the kid hasn't even played a full year with a putrid coaching staff and you're ripping him.

This is why one of my favorite sayings is "I hate people".

:thumbsup:

Nice....the kid hasn't even played a full year with a putrid coaching staff and you're ripping him.

This is why one of my favorite sayings is "I hate people".

:thumbsup:

You shouldn't hate. I just think the pick was a mistake, and I'll think that next year too.

This team needed immediate help. This guy was no help. No help at all.

As for me, I love people - especially the womens!