RWJ on final 25 HOF list

Buckeye Eric

RWJ has no chance in hell with that group. Personally...I don't think he should make it anyway.

125415[/snapback]

RIIIGHT...why should a founding member of the AFL and a 45-year owner who helped keep HOF'er Al Davis in the league and was instrumental in shaping the modern NFL get into the HOF?

RIIIGHT...why should a founding member of the AFL and a 45-year owner who helped keep HOF'er Al Davis in the league and was instrumental in shaping the modern NFL get into the HOF?

125504[/snapback]

And got paid multi millions to do it. Exactly WHY should he?

And got paid multi millions to do it.  Exactly WHY should he?

125533[/snapback]

I finally figured it out. The reason you want this Boycott and you hate Ralph is because he is a millionaire. You have mentioned that fact in 9/10ths of your posts about him. Listen, ICE... a little jealousy of others' money is natural. But don't let it eat you up like this. You're just pissed that even though we happen to be losing he is still rich beyond rich. Well, so is the owner of the Cards. And the Lions.

Get over it man. If you worked your ass off a 10th of how much he did, you might be as successful as he is too.

Let it go. He's rich. But he's a great man. Without him, the NFL isn't what it is today.

As far as the players are concerned, it's a travesty that neither Ray Guy nor Roger Wehrli has made it yet.

I have never been able to understand this Harry Carson thing. He was a decent linebacker on a good team, but no better than Darryl Talley as a leader and probably not even as good a player.

As for the owner/GMs, you've got Wilson, Modell and Young. Modell will not be going in until he's dead; the NFL doesn't want to see a lynching in Canton on national TV. Young I don't really understand either. Without Parcells, the Giants don't sniff those Super Bowls let alone win them.

If Lamar Hunt and Al Davis are in, Ralph should be in. Period.

And got paid multi millions to do it.  Exactly WHY should he?

125533[/snapback]

You make it sound like the AFL was a sure shot investment. It wasn't, those owners took a risk with their cash and it paid off for 'em. Why hold it against them? Nobody on that list, nobody, has done more for the NFL than Ralph Wilson. If the Bills were winning right now, would Ralph deserve it in your mind then? Because this just sounds like you're pissed that the team hasn't been winning lately and he's making money off of it and nothing more.

Also, did Steve Young and Dan Marino make millions from football? Is that a reason they shouldn't be let in?