Is This Virginia or Buffalo?

H2o

I must say it is very weird to see news reports about a huge snowstorm and we get none of it (definitely not complaining). Looks pretty nasty by any standard based on the travel conditions. I am looking out of my office window near the airport at green grass and clear skies. Come on green Christmas! I hope everyone in the affected areas stays safe.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 inches on my driveway in S WV. Just finished with the snow blower and

I am tired. 3 hours, but that included my neighbors too.

The top of the blower is 22" and most of the snow was even

with the top. So, I have a clean driveway and nowhere to go as the

streets are not cleared and everything is shut down.

Got about 13 inches total here in far Western Chesterfield. It's actually starting to snow again. Loved it today. Supposed to be 40 tomorrow, so they should have most of the main roads cleared by end of tomorrow.

Cool thing.....go to www.511virginia.org and look at some of the traffic cams up near Charlottesville and Roanoke. The Interstates are a mess. Especially in the Afton Mountain area. There was a 26 mile backup on I-81 today!!!

just got back from picking up my son at a friends house in the midlothan area.....main roads are definitely passable, but still not great....credit to VDOT, they are getting roads cleared pretty quickly...secondary and subdivisions are still a major mess....

Got about 13 inches total here in far Western Chesterfield. It's actually starting to snow again. Loved it today. Supposed to be 40 tomorrow, so they should have most of the main roads cleared by end of tomorrow.

Cool thing.....go to www.511virginia.org and look at some of the traffic cams up near Charlottesville and Roanoke. The Interstates are a mess. Especially in the Afton Mountain area. There was a 26 mile backup on I-81 today!!!

Up to 20 inches now and school will probably be closed for the week. We shoveled the way out of driveway which hopefully will last for emergencies until plows fill my driveway with snow. We bought a snow blower after last big snowstorm a couple of years ago and it certainly came in handy today although 360 days a year or more it is just something taking up space in garage.

you guys still have school next week? friday was it for the year for richmond area schools

Up to 20 inches now and school will probably be closed for the week. We shoveled the way out of driveway which hopefully will last for emergencies until plows fill my driveway with snow. We bought a snow blower after last big snowstorm a couple of years ago and it certainly came in handy today although 360 days a year or more it is just something taking up space in garage.

you guys still have school next week? friday was it for the year for richmond area schools

Schools do not open until after Labor Day here so students technically have classes until Wednesday (Wednesday is 2 hours early release) although I am sure a lot of kids skip despite threats by school to dock grades for absences. Fairfax County uses a lot of early dismissals / late arrivals to get around rule for so many school days to get full federal funding.

Schools do not open until after Labor Day here so students technically have classes until Wednesday (Wednesday is 2 hours early release) although I am sure a lot of kids skip despite threats by school to dock grades for absences. Fairfax County uses a lot of early dismissals / late arrivals to get around rule for so many school days to get full federal funding.

Schools don't open until after labor day here either. My wife (Chesterfield), mom (VA Beach), and dad (Richmond City - God Bless Him) are all teachers and they all had their last day Friday!

just got back from picking up my son at a friends house in the midlothan area.....main roads are definitely passable, but still not great....credit to VDOT, they are getting roads cleared pretty quickly...secondary and subdivisions are still a major mess....

We just ran over to Lowes actually. Hull is passable, but it's freezing and getting slick. That one hill where the Bonefish, Friday's and Cracker Barrel and Chipotle etc, is giving people some fits. Mainly the morons who go about 5 mph mess it up for everyone else, because you all of a sudden have to avoid them and then someone starts skidding outta control trying to avoid rear-ending them. Seriously, there was a lady petrified going about 5 mph down that hill toward the bridge and was causing havoc.

mmmmmm....dogfish head...the 90 minute makes a nice winter warmer :thumbsup:

if u ever get the chance, visit one of dogfish head's locales. I have been to the one in NOVA/MD(gaithersburg i think)....very nice place

Pooj, I must say, we possess very similar tastes in beer. I just had two of the 90 minute DFH IPAs and I'm feeling a little pretty good. Followed that up with an Lancaster Brewing Company Milk stout, but it doesn't compare to the DFH.

I haven't been to the brewery, which is in Roehoebeth (? sp) Beach Maryland. I've had friends that have done the tour and they give out free samples to a number of different beers they are working on. They also have a DFH Brew Pub/Restaurant right on the beach there and the menu offers suggestions for beer/food pairings. It is one of my goals to get down there for an afternoon tasting one of these weekends. Its about 2 hours or so from Philly.

As for the snow fall, I escaped Philly just before the snow arrived and am here in Syracuse watching from the sidelines. I talked to a friend who has extra tickets Eagles game that is having a tough time unloading them as a result of the change in game time, and he said they had 6+ inches at around 1:30 pm and they weren't expecting it to stop any time soon.

on a side note, a buddy and i just drank 3/4 of a saranac winter 12 pack...some pretty damn good beers contained within.....

Lancaster BC makes some damn fine beers as well...I may be reaching out to you very shortly about the philly region....

Pooj, I must say, we possess very similar tastes in beer. I just had two of the 90 minute DFH IPAs and I'm feeling a little pretty good. Followed that up with an Lancaster Brewing Company Milk stout, but it doesn't compare to the DFH.

I haven't been to the brewery, which is in Roehoebeth (? sp) Beach Maryland. I've had friends that have done the tour and they give out free samples to a number of different beers they are working on. They also have a DFH Brew Pub/Restaurant right on the beach there and the menu offers suggestions for beer/food pairings. It is one of my goals to get down there for an afternoon tasting one of these weekends. Its about 2 hours or so from Philly.

As for the snow fall, I escaped Philly just before the snow arrived and am here in Syracuse watching from the sidelines. I talked to a friend who has extra tickets Eagles game that is having a tough time unloading them as a result of the change in game time, and he said they had 6+ inches at around 1:30 pm and they weren't expecting it to stop any time soon.

on a side note, a buddy and i just drank 3/4 of a saranac winter 12 pack...some pretty damn good beers contained within.....

Lancaster BC makes some damn fine beers as well...I may be reaching out to you very shortly about the philly region....

If there is anyway I can help Pooj, please, let me know.

Just rescued my abandoned car. I was half way down the hill and a guy gave me a ride

on his ATV.. He was going to his MIL's house which happened to be righ next

to where my car was. He even helped me shovel out my car.

There ARE good peeps around ...

5 other drivers were parked in the same place I was.