Islamic mosque built at NYC Ground Zero

I won't bother to read the article since it will undoubtedly be an intelligence insulting exercise and I read the original article that they ripped off in the NY Times over a week ago.

Couple points though:

1) It's not at ground zero. It's on Park Place, two blocks north of GZ.

2) What GG said.

3) These guys are making a public declaration of "we are Muslims who are absolutely NOT supporting what those scumbags are all about". Isn't this exactly what people have criticized the average Muslim for not doing with regards to terrorism?? So now these guys are being criticized for making a public display of peace. Brilliant.

As an aside, I found it personally interesting reading about the landing-gear assembly trashing the building because my office and where I was looking out the window at WTC that morning was also on Park Place, east of this building on the other side of Church St. I had never realized that plane debris had hit buildings on my block since the angle of the planes didn't make that seem likely.

This is part of what makes the US great, NYC in this case: equal rights for all citizens, no matter their ethnicity, religion, sex, etc... Nothing good has ever come from us abandoning that principle.

Incidentally, how can you use a site like that as a news source and live with yourself? It's absolutely ridiculous.

This is part of what makes the US great, NYC in this case: equal rights for all citizens, no matter their ethnicity, religion, sex, etc... Nothing good has ever come from us abandoning that principle.

Incidentally, how can you use a site like that as a news source and live with yourself? It's absolutely ridiculous.

Hey I'm just having fun...its a god damn Buffalo Bills Message Board, isn't it great.

Spend much time perusing the Daily Koz?

Only if somebody sends me an article in an email to my home (and I don't think I've been there).... I'm mostly on a classified network which means I don't get to see to much ... I'm pretty much new to the message board thing and all the news network outlets.

Only if somebody sends me an article in an email to my home (and I don't think I've been there).... I'm mostly on classified networks which means I don't get to see to much ... I'm pretty much new to the message board thing and all the news network outlets.

Don't mean to get all up in your **** about it. It's just that sites these take advantage of people's preconceived notions and create skewed content that usually borders on outright misinformation and lies, all to increase readership. Journalistic integrity doesn't even seem to be an afterthought. I know, it's opinion, right? When every opinion piece published fits the same narrow worldview, you get nothing but propaganda.

Don't mean to get all up in your **** about it. It's just that sites these take advantage of people's preconceived notions and create skewed content that usually borders on outright misinformation and lies, all to increase readership. Journalistic integrity doesn't even seem to be an afterthought. I know, it's opinion, right? When every opinion piece published fits the same narrow worldview, you get nothing but propaganda.

Yeah I was hoping to see more realistic opinions on this ... but beside picking a bad source I see it was poorly titled

I won't bother to read the article since it will undoubtedly be an intelligence insulting exercise and I read the original article that they ripped off in the NY Times over a week ago.

Couple points though:

2) What GG said.

3) These guys are making a public declaration of "we are Muslims who are absolutely NOT supporting what those scumbags are all about". Isn't this exactly what people have criticized the average Muslim for not doing with regards to terrorism?? So now these guys are being criticized for making a public display of peace. Brilliant.

As an aside, I found it personally interesting reading about the landing-gear assembly trashing the building because my office and where I was looking out the window at WTC that morning was also on Park Place, east of this building on the other side of Church St. I had never realized that plane debris had hit buildings on my block since the angle of the planes didn't make that seem likely.

If they are protesting terrorism, then I think its wonderful. If they think setting up there will deter terrorism, then they are wrong- it might actually ramp up terrorism. They will be considered heretics by the terrorists who masquerade as muslims- and they will be hated by domestic terrorists as well, for displaying their beliefs.

I don't think they are doing anything wrong

Couple points though:

2) What GG said.

What he said. Build it.

If they are protesting terrorism, then I think its wonderful. If they think setting up there will deter terrorism, then they are wrong- it might actually ramp up terrorism. They will be considered heretics by the terrorists who masquerade as muslims- and they will be hated by domestic terrorists as well, for displaying their beliefs.

I don't think they are doing anything wrong

Agreed. No problem here.