Dutch firm, not Wegmans buys Ukrops

The Poojer

perhaps this opens the door for Wegmans to finally enter the market...i had always heard they stayed away due to a 'gentleman's agreement' with the Ukrops Brothers.....

Even worse for me Pooj, was in there trying to sell them some of my wares..there goes Q1 forecast :unsure::lol:

Anyway, we were just saying the same thing bout opening the doors for Wegmans. Not quite sure where they would build one, West End kinda saturated with Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes, Krogers and Ukrops. However, heard from a freind of a friend type deal thay have an option on some land on West Broad between Short Pump and 288 in the event this sale occured..so we shall see

i heard the same thing about some land out there.....i also got an email from my dad today saying that they are looking to go as far south as NC along the I-95 corridor...agree about the saturation...southside doesn't have Whole Foods or Trader Joes, but we just got a Fresh Market....Kroger, Ukrops/Sav-a-lot/Food Lion is a pretty saturated market already though.....

Even worse for me Pooj, was in there trying to sell them some of my wares..there goes Q1 forecast :unsure::lol:

Anyway, we were just saying the same thing bout opening the doors for Wegmans. Not quite sure where they would build one, West End kinda saturated with Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes, Krogers and Ukrops. However, heard from a freind of a friend type deal thay have an option on some land on West Broad between Short Pump and 288 in the event this sale occured..so we shall see