At least one guy gets it

Galileo once said that "The end justifies the means". This has been debated throughout history. Some agree and some disagree.

In my opinion, the truth is always the best alternative. The phony baloney crap sometimes works, but most of the time the direct approach would have worked anyway. Because of this, I have to say that Galileo was an idiot.

Think about it in simple terms. When you were a kid trying to pick up on chicks, you probably worked through all sorts of strategies in your head on "what she would like" or "what I should do to make her notice me" when in reality all you had to do was be yourself and let nature take its course. All sorts of categories of people rose out out of these ridiculous fears and strategies.

The world certainly could have done without hippies and beatniks that's for sure. But no, these losers had to create a whole fake society just because they couldn't get up the nerve to ask some broad out. Thanks a lot for the extra smells, constant lecturing, and incoherent rambling. :lol:

In today's world we are quickly evolving toward a new variety of hippy. Let's call them enviro-hippies. These losers are not interested in chicks so much. They are mostly interested in being lazy. That would be fine but they also have guilt. They want to convince everyone else to be lazy too. Typically, they want to be in overall charge of the laziness.

One diversion they have used is "global warming". They basically say that unless we all stop producing, we're all going to die because of carbon dioxide, which is a mixture of carbon and air. This makes no sense as there is plenty of air to go around. They should really pick another excuse.

Anyway, if they are going to go for their laziness goal, let them go for it. Whatever. The part that bothers me is when they start getting all indirect like pimply faced teenagers. They use vehicles like incredibly crappy poetry to get their point in. Geez, why not just start snapping your fingers and wearing a beret Al? Holy crap.

At least say what you mean. It tends to get a good reaction whether it is from chicks, commies or whatever. This is true even if the chicks or commies are pretending to be something else like a librarian or a climate scientist.

The bottom line is that if Galileo weren't such an idiot, I wouldn't have to constantly listen to Al Gore.

So although I like to be nice to people, especially the dead, I simply have to say....... :unsure: you Galileo.

Galileo once said that "The end justifies the means". This has been debated throughout history. Some agree and some disagree.

In my opinion, the truth is always the best alternative. The phony baloney crap sometimes works, but most of the time the direct approach would have worked anyway. Because of this, I have to say that Galileo was an idiot.

Think about it in simple terms. When you were a kid trying to pick up on chicks, you probably worked through all sorts of strategies in your head on "what she would like" or "what I should do to make her notice me" when in reality all you had to do was be yourself and let nature take its course. All sorts of categories of people rose out out of these ridiculous fears and strategies.

The world certainly could have done without hippies and beatniks that's for sure. But no, these losers had to create a whole fake society just because they couldn't get up the nerve to ask some broad out. Thanks a lot for the extra smells, constant lecturing, and incoherent rambling. :lol:

In today's world we are quickly evolving toward a new variety of hippy. Let's call them enviro-hippies. These losers are not interested in chicks so much. They are mostly interested in being lazy. That would be fine but they also have guilt. They want to convince everyone else to be lazy too. Typically, they want to be in overall charge of the laziness.

One diversion they have used is "global warming". They basically say that unless we all stop producing, we're all going to die because of carbon dioxide, which is a mixture of carbon and air. This makes no sense as there is plenty of air to go around. They should really pick another excuse.

Anyway, if they are going to go for their laziness goal, let them go for it. Whatever. The part that bothers me is when they start getting all indirect like pimply faced teenagers. They use vehicles like incredibly crappy poetry to get their point in. Geez, why not just start snapping your fingers and wearing a beret Al? Holy crap.

At least say what you mean. It tends to get a good reaction whether it is from chicks, commies or whatever. This is true even if the chicks or commies are pretending to be something else like a librarian or a climate scientist.

The bottom line is that if Galileo weren't such an idiot, I wouldn't have to constantly listen to Al Gore.

So although I like to be nice to people, especially the dead, I simply have to say....... :unsure: you Galileo.

Word. :wallbash:

Galileo, eh? You can be forgiven, it does sound quite similar to Sophocles but only in a Machiavellian way.

Galileo's a Machiavellian sophistry? What? :unsure:

Galileo invented the telescope. It was very expensive and funded by the government which is signified by "the means". The means needed to be justified. The light from space shone through "the end" of the telescope and revealed great mysteries from space. When Galileo had to justify the crown's investment, he told the royalty that "The end justifies the means". This was meant to signify what a great revelation the telescope gave us.

Although it was certainly nice, it was not worth the money because Galileo couldn't do Jack with outer space except stare at it. He was mocked in his day. Afterward though, the phrase came to be understood differently. The end no longer meant the end of the telescope, but the result. The means could still be money or a method to do something. The means could be deceptive or just plain lame and stupid like Al Gore's poem.

The other poster is confused as Machiavelli was a tough guy. He employed Galileo's phrase when he was pushing people around to get what he wanted. He became known as the "Macho Man" which is the origin of that phrase. I am not sure where this Sophocles guy comes in but I think Machiavelli started in with his crap during his second year in High School. So Sophocles=sophomore? We could ask Cincy, he might remember what happened.

Whatever. My overall point is that Al Gore's stupid poem is a shining example of Galileo's phrase whereas Chavez let's everyone know who he is. I'll bet he gets way more chicks than Gore.

I never realized you had that many words in your vocabulary. By the way, wasn't Galileo Canadian? With his long hair and beard, you could say he had a hippy side to him, no?

I can see how you might think he was Canadian as he sat around all night staring into space like he had 37 Molsons in him. He also produced nothing at all for society except for a stupid phrase that basically gave us Al Gore. Even Canadians never gave us Al Gore. Canada itself did not even exist at the time of Galileo. I suppose in a way Galileo was pre-Canadian.

I think the hair was a function of scissors not being invented yet so we can't really call him pre-hippy.

I can see how you might think he was Canadian as he sat around all night staring into space like he had 37 Molsons in him. He also produced nothing at all for society except for a stupid phrase that basically gave us Al Gore. Even Canadians never gave us Al Gore. Canada itself did not even exist at the time of Galileo. I suppose in a way, Galileo was pre-Canadian.

I think the hair was a function of scissors not being invented yet so we can't really call him pre-hippy.

LOL!