Have you ever been arrested?

KD in CA

Chris Henry Memorial Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been arrested?

• No
    • Yes, but I was innocent. Seriously.
    • Once, youthful indiscresion. Slap on the wrist.
    • More than once, but misdemeanors.
    • One or more felonies.
    • Felonies and I've served time (more than overnight).
    • No, but I've committed serious crime(s) and gotten away with it.

Comments in the Chris Henry thread got me thinking about just what kind of community we have here.

Arrested? Never.

Bringing shame upon my family's name is beyond unthinkable.

Shame about one's actions seems to be very much back-burner these days, though. There used to be a gesture - stroking one index finger across the other, which meant "for shame, for shame"... I haven't seen it used for decades.

But everybody's special now!

:unsure:

I got busted when I was 19, driving through Waterloo, NY en route to college with some friends, stealing some highway road signs to hang in our dorm room. Stopped to piss. Cop pulls us over. Finds the signs. Says one of us has to take the rap, so I took the heat and everyone got an open container. Oddly, the open container cost me $50 by mail, and the stolen signs, which required an appearance in front of the judge, ended up costing me $25 cash to the judge, who heard my case on his front porch, where we sat for 30 minutes while he finished a game of checkers with a friend.

So I know I was arrested, but I have no idea if I was ever really found guilty of anything other than giving a judge hush money.

Never been arrested, probably should of though. Have gotten behind the wheel intoxicated more times then I care to remember. As you get older & have kids, I really have tried to cut it out, but every once inwhile I still do it.

Never been arrested, probably should of though. Have gotten behind the wheel intoxicated more times then I care to remember. As you get older & have kids, I really have tried to cut it out, but every once inwhile I still do it.

Not judging you because I've done it too (and as a minor no less), but a $10 taxi fare could end up saving a lot of grief.

Donuts on the Slippery Rock football field about 8yrs ago got me my 2nd underage drinking offence, but thats about it. The other one was when I fell asleep on my own porch after going to a party and was woken up by the cops, who proceeded to take me from my porch to sleep behind bars, then brought me home in the morning and gave me an underage :unsure: . Thats it for the times I was caught.

Not judging you because I've done it too (and as a minor no less), but a $10 taxi fare could end up saving a lot of grief.

I really can not argue with that logic. If you think about the cost of a taxi(I would say it is more like $20 - $25) compared to the consequences of driving while intoxicated it really should be an easy choice.

Don't know how things are down by the bay, but $6 or $10 will get you all the way across town here depending on which company you use.

Down here $6 gets you "so where to?" :unsure:

That's why I'm more of a MUNI guy. $2 gets you wherever you want to go all night.

Don't know how things are down by the bay, but $6 or $10 will get you all the way across town here depending on which company you use.

I live 2-3 miles from the BART station- cost me $12 last time. $4 before we even left the parking lots.

Flew out of Buffalo at 6:30 AM last Jan 1. Got a taxi ride 3 miles to the airport via the Thruway and Kenzington at 4 AM- with tip $25.

No, but..

I probably should have selected the bottom choice, given the many times I've gotten behind the wheel when I shouldn't have.. Haven't done that in years though, as I select drinking establishments within walking distance now.

ditto

Age 19, underage drinking, summary offense. Ticketed, spent evening in drunk tank, got chewed out by parents.

19 wasn't underage when I was that age. Seriously I always thought it was stupid to make 21 the age. The intent was to stop 15 year olds from drinking...15 year olds have 18 year old friends, they don't have 21 year old friends.