Bills lead NFL with best defensive passer rating...

Big Turk

I think we are one dominant DT away, plus getting our injured players back to form. I think one will come from the draft in RD 2 or 3.

I don't think so. We also need a couple of more good linebackers in addition to Poz. Not sure how well Mitchell will come back from injury. We are set with our DEs and DBs.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

Add in the fact that some of their games (such as the Cleveland game) were played in windy/bad conditions, making it harder for both teams to pass the ball.

Yes...no other team in the NFL has had to face these conditions other than the Bills and their opponents...

what about all the teams that get to face crappy backup QB's like Fitzpatrick game after game? Whats their excuse?

Our defense as a whole, especially considering injuries, is very good. Nobody should be complaining about the tampa 2- it is very effective for us. Fatigue shows up most greatly in running defense, which explains why teams gash us late (most teams have not ran the ball nearly as effectively in the first half). If the offense could sustain any drives, the defense, even riddled with injuries, would be among the best in the league.

Our pass defense is superb. There is not stat or justification that can deny that. I think defensively we are set, and it is a fools errand to consider a switch to another base defense at this time.

While the QB play could certainly be improved, had we had a decent O-line, our offense, even lead by Trent, would have been far more formidable. Trent did not play particularly well, but since we have seen him play far better, the only reasonable explanation is that his play regressed due to poor blocking, which lead to big hits, which lead to injuries, which lead to fear, which lead to the dark side.

All that being said, the team as a whole sucks. Most of the blame falls squarely on the o-line. Don't let your biases cloud your judgment to that simple truth.

Yes...no other team in the NFL has had to face these conditions other than the Bills and their opponents...

what about all the teams that get to face crappy backup QB's like Fitzpatrick game after game? Whats their excuse?

I still think it's a little deceiving. Why, for instance, does it seem like we can have 2 good running stops on defense in a row, put the opposing team in 3 and 13, and the our league leading pass defense gives up the first down to some tight end we can't cover. After that, teams then seem to be able to reel off runs of 8, 4, 22, 13, and 7 into the endzone.

Maybe not, but I don't have this stat, I would bet it would show that we're worse than NFL average in not allowing offenses to complete 3rd and 10 or greater.

Brady looked terrific today! 11 for 23 for 115 yards with a TD and an INT...QB Rating 59.1...slightly above the 58.9 the Bills are averaging...

I'm sure tho, Brady wasn't really trying to complete the passes to anyone today...it was all intentional he had a sucky performance...the Bills defense had little to do with it...

Oh yeah, and I forgot...Brady is now in the "C" List of QBs we have faced I am sure...

hahaha...when will the list of excuses end...