Tim Tebow

Flbillsfan#1

HOF QB & College Football analyst on ESPN Bob Griese was on Mike & Mike on 12-15 and was asked "Can Tebow be an NFL QB?" his answer; YES "Can he play at a high level?" ans: Yes, but the team will have to adjust to suit his skills. "Would you adjust your entire offense to bring in Tebow?" ans;YES.

There you have it from a HOF QB considered to be a very cerebral analyst. I will take his opinion over the HATERS on this board any day.

HOF QB & College Football analyst on ESPN Bob Griese was on Mike & Mike on 12-15 and was asked "Can Tebow be an NFL QB?" his answer; YES "Can he play at a high level?" ans: Yes, but the team will have to adjust to suit his skills. "Would you adjust your entire offense to bring in Tebow?" ans;YES.

There you have it from a HOF QB considered to be a very cerebral analyst. I will take his opinion over the HATERS on this board any day.

And Bill Polian is on record as saying he won't. I am a UF alumni and love tebow but no way will he make it as a starting QB in the NFL. Wildcat role maybe but starter no damn way. End of discussion.

Do you really think this team should be gambling on a guy like Tebow???

Do you really think this team should be gambling on a guy like Tebow???

No, I didn't say I wanted the Bills to draft him. I'm just saying there are a number of experts that think he will be a GOOD NFL QB. If the Bills could trade down & pick up some extra picks like a lower #1, an extra #2 this year & a #1 next year, I would be for picking Tebow at about the spot JP was drafted.

And Bill Polian is on record as saying he won't. I am a UF alumni and love tebow but no way will he make it as a starting QB in the NFL. Wildcat role maybe but starter no damn way. End of discussion.

Well, that's it right there. Stick a fork in this thread. :lol:

I love it when people on a discussion board pretend that there should be no discussion. (I don't even care about Tebow; this is just stupid.)

And crayonz, nicely done. Or do I mean nicely did? Or did I meant nicely do?

I think you replied to the wrong post. I only said "end of discussion" in reply to Mr. Wonderful who said "end of discussion" in the post I replied to.

For the most part the opposite is true. They won't state their true thoughts, but rarely wil lthey ever rip a player as you never know five years from now, that guy could be on your team so you never want to say anything bad. So for me hearing BP stating something bad about a potential draft pick was very damming. On the other hand Grise stating he'll be good, means less to me than BP stating bad as ex-players, coaches etc alwasy say everyone is great.

Because NO GM has been disingenuous about his true thoughts about a player about to be drafted before.

For the most part the opposite is true. They won't state their true thoughts, but rarely wil lthey ever rip a player as you never know five years from now, that guy could be on your team so you never want to say anything bad. So for me hearing BP stating something bad about a potential draft pick was very damming. On the other hand Grise stating he'll be good, means less to me than BP stating bad as ex-players, coaches etc alwasy say everyone is great.

so in response, there is no way BP would try and "damn" a QB that he may want to take in that 32 spot to potentially be the successor to his golden boy one day? maybe drop his stock value to get him cheap???

Now...if he does go in the 1st, and BP pulls the trigger to trade for him, all you mf'ers owe me a beer

The only way I see Tebow being an effective NFL QB is in a place like Seattle. Hasselbeck still has 2-3 years left in the tank and seems like he could be a good mentor. If a team can put Tebow on the bench for 2-3 seasons and only use him in Wildcat situations for that time then I see him having a chance as an NFL guy.

I think you would need to handle the guy with kid gloves. The kid has an interesting skillset but if you throw him in the wrong situation then he seems like he could collapse easily. But if he gets a few seasons to learn on the bench and be brought in on a good team in a system he knows at the right time then he can have early success and build off of that.

Tebow will be an early second or late 1st round pick by a team that has a veteran QB who is getting up in years.

I will take his opinion over the HATERS on this board any day.

What an idiot! If I anyone has an opinion that doesn't fit in with your belief, they are "HATERS" ? WTF? Take off your diapers, grow up and put a pair of man pants on.

Tebow can't be an effective starting QB in the NFL... that's a clear consensus of an overwhelming majority of NFL scouts. No draft board that I've seen has Tebow in the first round, let alone mentioned in the top 10. Tebow is a very good person, and so is Dick Jauron. I don't "hate" either, and neither do the masses. But, like I said... Tebow's college QB skills do not translate to the NFL and Dick Jauron sucks as an NFL Head Coach.

I don't care what Griese says about Tebow. He probably thought his kid was all world too.

This team can not afford to take any chances on QB's that are a question mark like Tebow. We shouldn't waste time with a QB that has so many "Can he make it in the NFL" comments. We can only afford to take safe picks.

Now I know there is no such thing as a 100% safe pick, but I'm just saying at this point in time we can not afford any chances.

For me, Tebow has too much speculation. Especially when his accuracy is being second guessed. I could understand if it was his mechanics (i.e. Phillip Rivers side arm throw coming out of NC State) because you can work with that. But as far as accuracy goes, in the NFL that is something that every potential QB should have no problems with. That is if they want to be a succesfull QB in this league.