anybody have a 'black rifle'?

dib

I'd like to get a flip up iron sight. Can anyone recommend one?

Do you mean a black powder rifle? I guess you do, and yours is tapped for scope mounts, sans iron sights.

I've pretty much used Lymans through the years - but the choices are endless. I'd follow the advice of a gunsmith - drilling and tapping a barrel in the vicinity of the chamber is a critical task. I've come across some clip-on devices for shotguns here and there.

I have a Bushmaster, but I have never used a flip up sight. I have an Eotech on it right now. I have been thinking of purchasing a flip up rear sight though in case of mechanical failure with the Eotech. For any questions regarding AR-15s I go to ar15.com. They also have links to many of the best vendors.

I have had good experiences with purchases from Brownells.com and Sogarmory.com.

No, I meant black rifle as in M-4 carbine.

Oh.

Isn't there a rear sight already incorporated in the handle? And a front sight? I'm aware of that firearm, but that's where my knowledge stops.

FWIW, if you buy mainstream ammunition, I'm a fan of Winchester's offerings. That's based on chambering problems with Remington's shotshell cartridges, though.

BTW, If you own a revolver (living in FL - you should), Win's factory Silvertip bullet loads are tops, IMO. My personal .44 Special piece is loaded with a Federal shot shell, followed by a Cor-Bon composite, then three 200 gr. Silvertips.

Edited by stuckincincy

Oh.

Isn't there a rear sight already incorporated in the handle? And a front sight?

My carbine doesnt have a carry handle so no rear sight. I have a red dot sight now, but would like a reliable back up iron sight

Oh.

Isn't there a rear sight already incorporated in the handle? And a front sight? I'm aware of that firearm, but that's where my knowledge stops.

FWIW, if you buy mainstream ammunition, I'm a fan of Winchester's offerings. That's based on chambering problems with Remington's shotshell cartridges, though.

BTW, If you own a revolver (living in FL - you should), Win's factory Silvertip bullet loads are tops, IMO. My personal .44 Special piece is loaded with a Federal shot shell, followed by a Cor-Bon composite, then three 200 gr. Silvertips.

Many AR-15 type guns now have removable handles or no handle at all. This is mainly due to the popularity of attaching optics to the rail on top of the receiver. Many people like to have flip up iron sights in case the optics are damaged or knocked out of alignment. My AR has the typical front sight, but I have removed the carry handle and rear sight.

I'm a Federal or Gold Dot guy myself, I used to carry Silvertips in my .32 auto though. According to the research that I have done, the Federal HSTs are the best handgun ammo option available for self defense now.

Black Rifle? I think there's an "OJ Simpson nude" thread around here somewhere. Might be what you're lookin for.

that would be a black 'gun'

"One is for fighting and one is for fun"

I want the FA bad :lol:

I think they still sell those devices that somehow clamp on the trigger guard and automatically fan the trigger. IIRC, they have/had a popularity among Ruger 10/22 owners with the hi-cap clips.

I guess that when activated, they go through the whole magazine - dunno.

I want the FA bad :lol:

I think they still sell those devices that somehow clamp on the trigger guard and automatically fan the trigger. IIRC, they have/had a popularity among Ruger 10/22 owners with the hi-cap clips.

I guess that when activated, they go through the whole magazine - dunno.

I want the FA period. no rubber bands.