Ugh

The crucifiction reminds the kid of Christmas? What religion is this kid practicing? Hasn't the little retard ever heard of Easter? :lol:

I betcha when you were 8 years old you'd probably have a tough time knowing the religious significances of holidays too. At that age the religious aspect of them means very little compared to the gifts. Assuming that the kid is even old enough to be attending any kind of religion class with any regularity.

I betcha when you were 8 years old you'd probably have a tough time knowing the religious significances of holidays too. At that age the religious aspect of them means very little compared to the gifts. Assuming that the kid is even old enough to be attending any kind of religion class with any regularity.

I had a fine time distinguishing the two. If he's been in church at all over the past three weeks, he should be able to also. During Advent it's pretty tough to miss the message.

Having said that, HOLY !@#$ING **** THAT PICTURE IS CREEPY.

Whenever I read one of these stories, I always wonder what the school administrators are thinking when they reach their decision. Shirley, they have to know the public relations hit they are going to take. Obviously their minds are on "what if we do nothing and worst-case scenario X happens", but still, isn't there a quieter, less public way to deal with this and still cover their asses?

If the teacher asks the kid why he drew it, reports the picture and reason to the principal and they call the parents over their concern, doesn't this leave enough of a CYA paper-trail on the extremely remote chance the kid does turn out to do something stupid?

Whenever I read one of these stories, I always wonder what the school administrators are thinking when they reach their decision. Shirley, they have to know the public relations hit they are going to take. Obviously their minds are on "what if we do nothing and worst-case scenario X happens", but still, isn't there a quieter, less public way to deal with this and still cover their asses?

If the teacher asks the kid why he drew it, reports the picture and reason to the principal and they call the parents over their concern, doesn't this leave enough of a CYA paper-trail on the extremely remote chance the kid does turn out to do something stupid?

Public education in this country is completely out of whack. Period.

You'd think so.

And don't call me Shirley!