Losman signs with Oakland

3irty1

I respectfully disagree. JP's only problem is that he held on to the ball too long. If he learns to go through his reads quicker then he will be a drastically better QB.

Well, I have to respectfully disagree back. The problem that a lot of people overlook is that reading NFL defenses is something that can just be learned. I think the good QBs come into the league with this skill and improve it once in the league. Losman played against bad college competition and could just get by on physical skills. Russell played in a much better conference but has arguably some of the best physical gifts of any QB ever. He just lacks the same thing Losman does and is real lazy.

I have zero problems with JP. I do a problem with his fan group that love to believe every reason under the sun for his failings. Quite simply, he isn't a good NFL QB and is probably in a role that suits him best. A third string QB. If he turns into a legit NFL starter, I will have no problem eating crow. But I would bet a lot of money this will never happen.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Well, I have to respectfully disagree back. The problem that a lot of people overlook is that reading NFL defenses is something that can just be learned. I think the good QBs come into the league with this skill and improve it once in the league. Losman played against bad college competition and could just get by on physical skills. Russell played in a much better conference but has arguably some of the best physical gifts of any QB ever. He just lacks the same thing Losman does and is real lazy.

I have zero problems with JP. I do a problem with his fan group that love to believe every reason under the sun for his failings. Quite simply, he isn't a good NFL QB and is probably in a role that suits him best. A third string QB. If he turns into a legit NFL starter, I will have no problem eating crow. But I would bet a lot of money this will never happen.

Get ready for some Black Raider crow biscuits :lol:

dear bills fans,

JP Losman does not play for the Bills. There are more threads on this board about this failure than many players on the current roster. Who cares?

Dear Wordbyrd,

Since there are already three pages in this thread, obviously lots of people care.

The way to handle threads that you don't like is to ignore them.

I can't speak to his college career, but JaBustus is the least athletic quarterback I've seen in a while. A huge lumbering target with a two cent head. A mortar is more accurate.

I remember when the Falcons drafted Matt Ryan. Chris Landry (my favorite NFL talking head), who was a scout for the Browns, Olilers, and Titans said "He hasn't even signed a contract yet, but I can promise you, he is already a better NFL QB than Jamarcus Russell will ever be...."

Another couple of articles on the subject.

One says that the Giants also had interest in Losman, and that the reason the Colts didn't pick him up was lack of room on "an injured-depleted roster with a number of other holes to fill."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/15/losman-agr...o-join-raiders/

The other says that "Losman turned down opportunities for a backup role in the NFL this season so that he could get playing time in the UFL. "

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_14004972

We've had an awful lot of people on these boards go on and on about how there was no way that any teams had had any interest in Losman because we would have heard about it. Where are those folks now?

I disagree. If he went to Indy, he gets a shot at a championship and gets to learn from an offensive mastermind in Tom Moore and a Hall of Famer in Peyton Manning. Now he works with misfits, deviants and felons

I thought he went to the UFL to win a championship and learn under an offensive mastermind like Jim Fassell

Another couple of articles on the subject.

One says that the Giants also had interest in Losman, and that the reason the Colts didn't pick him up was lack of room on "an injured-depleted roster with a number of other holes to fill."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/15/losman-agr...o-join-raiders/

The other says that "Losman turned down opportunities for a backup role in the NFL this season so that he could get playing time in the UFL. "

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_14004972

We've had an awful lot of people on these boards go on and on about how there was no way that any teams had had any interest in Losman because we would have heard about it. Where are those folks now?

So signing on as the 3rd string emergency Qb on the worst team in the NFL qualifies as interest. if teams thought he was so good and could help they would find room. interest from teams like the Giants and Colts means someone asked for film of him from the UFL games, they looked at him doing the same stupid **** and said no thanks. Losman is a pea brained, bad attitude, doesn't get along with his teammates jerk. Always has been, always will be.

So signing on as the 3rd string emergency Qb on the worst team in the NFL qualifies as interest. if teams thought he was so good and could help they would find room. interest from teams like the Giants and Colts means someone asked for film of him from the UFL games, they looked at him doing the same stupid **** and said no thanks. Losman is a pea brained, bad attitude, doesn't get along with his teammates jerk. Always has been, always will be.

If you read about the pickup, he probably will play by next week-ahead of Jamarcus Russell the first overall pick just a couple years ago. You can hate all you want, but it isn't going to keep him from rebounding.

I agree that J.P. is best suited as a 3rd string QB, and does not have what it takes to lead a team anywhere but south of .500. But I don't think he's pea brained, bad attitude or that he doesn't get along with teammates, or a jerk.

He just doesn't have pocket presence. That doesn't make him stupid. And your assessment is more appropriate for Rob Johnson, not JP Losman. JP studied, he watched film, he practiced, and I never remember reading anything about him being any sort of locker room cancer. This is a guy who lost his job to an equally *****y QB, and handled it with professionalism.

He's not a good NFL QB. But it's not due to lack of effort or desire. And he did a lot more for the city and the fans than most of the other players past and present.