Still have a shot ... don't count Buffalo out (or do if you're

gsf101

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want this team to have any hope of playoffs. The very sight of this post is chilling to me. I don't want ole Ralph to have any justification for keeping a cheap ass coaching and gm staff. Somehow, backing into the playoffs would be like winning the SB for Ralph, and were stuck with Perry or some other newb training on the job to be a head coach at the expense of us. Forget it.

Now I'm probably going to get booed off this board for posting this, but I'm reminded of Jim Carrey's line from "Dumb and Dumber" ... 'so you're saying there's a chance!'

Buffalo can still win the AFC East, and while it would require a total meltdown from New England, it wouldn't be unheard of - remember San Diego won the West last year with an 8-8 record, and then beat the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.

Buffalo's playoff possibilities:

1. Buffalo needs to win out (New England, at Atlanta, Indianapolis)

2. New England needs to lose out (at Buffalo, Jacksonville, at Houston)

3. Miami must lose out (at Tennessee, Houston, Pittsburgh)

4. New York cannot win more than one game (Atlanta, at Indianapolis, Cincinnati)

That would put Buffalo and New England at 8-8 and Miami and New York at 7-9. According to this Yahoo! scenario generator, that gives Buffalo the division.

Is it likely? No. But it's possible. And as Yogi Berra once said, "it ain't over 'til it's over." I don't know about all of you but I don't quit on the playoff dreams until Buffalo is mathematically eliminated.

However, Buffalo cannot win a Wild Card because it is impossible that all the 7-6 teams lose out because they play one another. Plus, Buffalo does not own the tiebreaker over Jacksonville (the current #6 seed) due to the 18-15 loss on November 22. Jacksonville plays New England, so one of those teams will win - whichever team wins that game basically eliminates Buffalo from reaching that particular qualifier, whether it be the East or the Wild Card. If the Bills beat the Patriots this week, root for the Jaguars next week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;16=00044000

Don't even worry about it until they beat New England

I, for one, love posts like this. One thing Bills fans have not had enough of lately is HOPE. To give a little hope around the holidays is great in my mind.

So what if it's only 1 in 1000? There's still HOPE.

Hope? Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Now I'm probably going to get booed off this board for posting this, but I'm reminded of Jim Carrey's line from "Dumb and Dumber" ... 'so you're saying there's a chance!'

Buffalo can still win the AFC East, and while it would require a total meltdown from New England, it wouldn't be unheard of - remember San Diego won the West last year with an 8-8 record, and then beat the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.

Buffalo's playoff possibilities:

1. Buffalo needs to win out (New England, at Atlanta, Indianapolis)

2. New England needs to lose out (at Buffalo, Jacksonville, at Houston)

3. Miami must lose out (at Tennessee, Houston, Pittsburgh)

4. New York cannot win more than one game (Atlanta, at Indianapolis, Cincinnati)

That would put Buffalo and New England at 8-8 and Miami and New York at 7-9. According to this Yahoo! scenario generator, that gives Buffalo the division.

Is it likely? No. But it's possible. And as Yogi Berra once said, "it ain't over 'til it's over." I don't know about all of you but I don't quit on the playoff dreams until Buffalo is mathematically eliminated.

However, Buffalo cannot win a Wild Card because it is impossible that all the 7-6 teams lose out because they play one another. Plus, Buffalo does not own the tiebreaker over Jacksonville (the current #6 seed) due to the 18-15 loss on November 22. Jacksonville plays New England, so one of those teams will win - whichever team wins that game basically eliminates Buffalo from reaching that particular qualifier, whether it be the East or the Wild Card. If the Bills beat the Patriots this week, root for the Jaguars next week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;16=00044000

If that is all that needs to happen. Where do I :lol: go to get playoff tickets! :lol::lol: