Grimm, Billick, Martz

Here's the only interview of Grimm that I could find: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...9000d5d80e6250a

I like that Grimm was a successful player on Super Bowl teams. He has been on and coached for successful teams and organizations (Redskins pre Daniel Snyder and the Rooney owned Steelers). He's coached with Cowher and Whisenhut and was coached by Gibbs, so he's seen good coaches coach. Whether that means he will be a good head coach, I don't know. He's not a fiery personality, he's kind of bland in this interview. I would like the Bills to consider him though and I would be happier with him getting a look than Martz or Billick. Martz is too impressed with himself and Billick coached his way out of Baltimore. Billick is also too impressed with himself and did a horrible job developing offensive talent (esp. QB's) in Baltimore.

Hey, thanks for finding that needle in a haystack! Based on this one interview (which I think we can all agree is all that's needed), he will no doubt be a complete and utter failure as an NFL head coach.

Seriously though, the Bills can't hire him if he doesn't posses a take charge mentality. We don't need another wall flower trying to be something he isn't like our last head coach. Now I'm NOT saying he doesn't posses the command and leadership skills, just saying that if there's a whiff of inauthenticity during the interview regarding these skills then they should quickly pass.

BTW, Perry Fewell does posses the take charge skills. He needs to beat the Pats to really have a serious shot though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I HAD to choose between the three, Martz gets no consideration because he was fired from his last three coaching jobs.

Grimm has no experience as a head coach, so nobody really knows what he can do, didn't the Bills just suffer through 10 years of inexperienced morons and one colossal experienced moron.

Billick is the only one who has a SB ring from when he was the head coach. Granted he had Ozzie Newsome bringing in talent, and had an unbelievably great defense.+17 turnover differential that SB year.

Billick went 80-64 at Baltimore .625. This guy will only succeed if the Bills make changes in the front office in terms of a top talent evaluator for the draft, plus they bring in some talented coordinators to run the offense and defense.