• No
    • Sure, but throw in a late round draft pick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HERES another thought.

IF dungy and vick come here, do you think maybe that dungy, who as has been mentioned is putting his reputation on the line to say that vick has changed and he is sure of it, would be a person to also keep people like lynch who have also had some troubles in the past in line?

just an idea

I disagree with this post. Vick lacks pocket presence. Back when he was a starter with Atlanta, I remember him being among the most sacked quarterbacks in the league. Also, Flutie's bread and butter was his short game; whereas you wouldn't, um, exactly say that about Vick. Accuracy in general has never been Vick's strong suit. He was at his most successful when he could use his foot speed to draw defensive backs out of position a little, then use his arm strength to heave the ball far down the field.

Vick is definitely a good athlete, and maybe even a good football player. But a good quarterback he ain't.

A raw, young Michael Vick won a playoff game at Lambeau and played in an NFC Championship. Flutie never won a playoff game. In fact, he had 5 turnovers in that playoff game in Miami. Sorry, but I think you wear the Bills colored glasses. Vick is still young and the claims that he is washed up are laughable. Rusty? Yeah. Washed up at 29? I doubt it. The best is likely yet to come and I hope the Bills are smart enough to take a chance on him as a free agent. I used to think that a mobile QB just gave the team an excuse not to address their offensive line, but as we have found out, the Bills don't know how to build an offensive line anyway.

Vick is not a quarterback. Did anyone watch him play before he went to prison? What is it about prison that makes you think he got better? If you think otherwise, you're simply acting out and likely need professional help which after the past ten years or so of rooting for the Bills doesn't seem that unlikely. Get off the vick jock. He's not a quarterback and won't be a starter in this league again. Feel free to bookmark the post and come back to it in a year to prove to me how right I was.

Vick is not a quarterback. Did anyone watch him play before he went to prison? What is it about prison that makes you think he got better? If you think otherwise, you're simply acting out and likely need professional help which after the past ten years or so of rooting for the Bills doesn't seem that unlikely. Get off the vick jock. He's not a quarterback and won't be a starter in this league again. Feel free to bookmark the post and come back to it in a year to prove to me how right I was.

Well for one he's not screwing around with his dogfighting homies, and that would seem to make him more focused on football. Also he has a mentor (dungy) that he probably desperately needed. I can see him now out of prison, realizing that he isn't superman any more, and wanting to regain his credibility. He fell from his status as a high level player to, well, scum. Now, if our penal system did what its supposed to do (I know... big IF there) then he has realized what he needs to do to get back to the top, and he'll bite on the best chance he has to get back to the top. And I hope thats with the Bills

HERES another thought.

IF dungy and vick come here, do you think maybe that dungy, who as has been mentioned is putting his reputation on the line to say that vick has changed and he is sure of it, would be a person to also keep people like lynch who have also had some troubles in the past in line?

just an idea

Do we want a HC or a probation officer? This Vick thing is dragging down standards rapidly.

This is retarded what you mean he is not a quaterback...he never went to the pro bowl? he didnt get his team to the nfc championchip game with no wrs? he didnt lead his team past brett at lambo under 20 degrees? he wasnt the highest paid most exciting player to watch? he didnt have the highest selling jersey? where are you getting your info from please send a creidable link. If you dont want him because he killed dogs cool but dont just make up things as you go...

and philster...

what do you want him to do? he done 2 years, lost millions of dollars, killed his image along with dogs, said sorry over a million times, scrutized at every turn if he pisses wrong people will jump on him. WHAT DO YOU PERSONALLY WANT HIM TO DO TO SHOW REMORSE? be reasonable geez this is out of control...

See, this is what people are forgetting. Chumps are coming all over themselves because a guy they've heard of may be available next season. But hey, let's go ahead and assume there is a good reason why Philly barely uses him. Look at his two TDs, runs from a couple yards out. No real pass yards, total of maybe 60--both running and passing--this season. Philly has been practicing with, and looking at, Vick since August and they barely have use for him. Does that not tell you anything? Moving beyond his faults as a human being, which are beyond numerable, he simply is not good enough as a football player to honestly be considered either an answer nor a stopgap. Awesome, you know his name. but there ain't nothing there. Just move on. Maybe there's a semi-famous rapist we can get as a linebacker. Maybe a fullback who was convicted of shoplifting and sodomy. I'm sure there's a far more adequate football playing felon out there.

I would assume a good

reason is they've already got a good quarteback

He hasn't shown remorse, so no

Do you really believe that M.V. isn't remorseful about SPENDING 19 months in prison? Not to mention the public embarrassment, setback to his career, and the spectacle surrounding his return to the league. He has endured his punishment. He is probably the last guy on earth that would harm a dog again. Don't be such a douche, let it go!

Do you really believe that M.V. isn't remorseful about SPENDING 19 months in prison? Not to mention the public embarrassment, setback to his career, and the spectacle surrounding his return to the league. He has endured his punishment. He is probably the last guy on earth that would harm a dog again. Don't be such a douche, let it go!

I am all for Vick being allowed to play football again but the things you pointed out are consequences not proof of remorse. I have serious doubts about whether or not the guy is remorseful. It's not just the dogs either. The guy has knowingly given herpes to numerous women, even using a false name to continue the VD spree. He showed up to prison not being able to pass a drug test. His vehicles have been involved in drug trafficking. A whole assortment of crimes have been comitted by his entourage with him present. He had a handful of undisclosed problems in college. Even now when he is supposed to be repairing his image, he blows off charity events.

I don't think saying your sorry should negate a whole history of no respect for others. He did his time and payed his debt to society and thats good enough. Let's not pretend he's a good guy. The man is scumbag inside and he will be back doing what he's best at again.

Other than that, the guy was a running QB and that doesn't work long term in this league. He was good enough to win on a good Atlanta team but was never as good as advertised.

I am all for Vick being allowed to play football again but the things you pointed out are consequences not proof of remorse. I have serious doubts about whether or not the guy is remorseful. It's not just the dogs either. The guy has knowingly given herpes to numerous women, even using a false name to continue the VD spree. He showed up to prison not being able to pass a drug test. His vehicles have been involved in drug trafficking. A whole assortment of crimes have been comitted by his entourage with him present. He had a handful of undisclosed problems in college. Even now when he is supposed to be repairing his image, he blows off charity events.

I don't think saying your sorry should negate a whole history of no respect for others. He did his time and payed his debt to society and thats good enough. Let's not pretend he's a good guy. The man is scumbag inside and he will be back doing what he's best at again.

Other than that, the guy was a running QB and that doesn't work long term in this league. He was good enough to win on a good Atlanta team but was never as good as advertised.

I can respect that opinion. I didn't know some of that stuff about Vick and can't claim to know what he's thinking these days. It just irritates me when people want to continually crucify the guy when he's already served his time. If he were to be dumb enough (which I doubt) to repeat that activity that's another story. Until then, some people need to lay off.

The only thing he's remorseful about is the punishment. He said in an interview "it's unfortunate this happened to me"...tells me he thinks he was the victim...not the innocent dogs he tortured and slaughtered and not the children who lost their beloved friends to this monster.

As far as crucifying the guy, it's one thing to get released from prison after serving a light sentence (the prosecutors didn't do their jobs on this one)...but getting millions of dollars to play a game? Just another thing that's wrong with society these days...hardened criminals getting rewarded.