Running Back Irony

Coach55

Over the course of the past two/three years it has been discussed that Marshawn Lynch was always a "bruising" back and Fred Jackson was more of a "finesse" back. I find it ironic that the more real description is that Jackson is actually more of a bruiser and fights with power where Lynch is a dancer and although materially larger plays as a finesse back. (I know they weigh the same, but Lynch is several inches shorter).

I would characterize the two a bit different.

Jackson: Smart, decisive, athletic, good power, a gamer.

Lynch: Dumb as a box of rocks, indecisive, not a whole lot of athleticism, great power, lost.

LYNCH: NOT A WHOLE LOT OF ATHLETICISM??????

how about the 40 or 50 yrd run to set up the touchdown just last week vs chiefs????

if u rewind that play, he could have been stopped for no gain. it was his great power and his athleticism that led to the big gain.

your description is way off!!!!

how about the 40 or 50 yrd run to set up the touchdown just last week vs chiefs????

if u rewind that play, he could have been stopped for no gain. it was his great power and his athleticism that led to the big gain.

how about how it looked like he was running in slow motion at the end of the play...........

if you rewind the play.

description is right on in my opinion

how about how it looked like he was running in slow motion at the end of the play...........

if you rewind the play.

wrong. the dbacks were already on his tail. he was already cornered after 20 yards. the "slow mo" moves actually allowed him to gain 10+ yards.

either way it was a nice gain.

if you rewind the play.

He slowed down to get a better angle on the defender... did you want him to sprint straight into the DB and get tackled right away?

You know.. when I was 12, I once struck out 9 kids in a row in Little League.. surprisingly, it didn't lead to me becoming a MLB pitcher. </sarcasm off>

One run, does not a RB make.

Jackson, while a tad slow in my opinion.. does run with more heart, and makes up his mind infinitely quicker than Lynch.

Marshawn runs like a plow horse.. in the mud.

I like em both. And we need them both.

Marshawn seems like he has been a little more tentative than in the past. Like he's getting the Willis Mcgahee "what should i do here.....hmmmmm" disease. I'd like to see him a little quicker on that first step, but I love watching our backs fight guys until the end.

As far as that long run against the Chiefs, I didn't see any exceptional athleticism there either. In fact, Lynch seemed a little surprised he had that much space after about 20 yards and he kind of downshifted there. Whatever. It was fun to watch.

Even tho the Bills are pretty weak, I still enjoy watching them battle. If only that lameass KC punter wouldve been able to kick the ball more than ten feet, Roscoe would've had some nice opportunities to get his groove back in the return game.

if you rewind the play.

He was, he was waiting to see how things developed. Which is why he was able to make that little move that got him a few extra yards.

You know.. when I was 12, I once struck out 9 kids in a row in Little League.. surprisingly, it didn't lead to me becoming a MLB pitcher. </sarcasm off>

One run, does not a RB make.

Jackson, while a tad slow in my opinion.. does run with more heart, and makes up his mind infinitely quicker than Lynch.

Marshawn runs like a plow horse.. in the mud.

Well, there is no question in my mind that that is definitely your opinion.