McShay's first mock

Tortured Soul

I start putting stock into Mock Drafts once Nolan Nawrocki of ProFootballWeekly gets started. The first few are a bit of guessing, but as the draft approaches the guy is absolutely unbelievable with his picks. In fact last year I believe his final mock had 15/32 players going to the precise team he predicted. That's pretty unbelievable if you think about it, and much much better than anyone else in the business. Don't forget this guy has accurately predicted the Bills 1st round pick the previous 4 seasons (Maybin, McKelvin, Lynch, and yes even good ole Donte Whitner).

For anyone who hasn't seen it before make sure you take a look at his final mock draft, usually put up on the website the morning of the draft. With the 1st round this year being on a Thursday? (I believe) it'll probably be posted that morning or afternoon. He also does a draft value chart where he slots players based on their value (1a-indicating top 10, 1b-indicating middle 10, 1-c-bottom 10 and so on). These charts are just as impressive as he is very precise and accurate. Take a look at his final mock draft and final draft value chart leading up to the 2009 draft and see for yourself!:

Article on his unprecedented 2009 Mock draft!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I start putting stock into Mock Drafts once Nolan Nawrocki of ProFootballWeekly gets started. The first few are a bit of guessing, but as the draft approaches the guy is absolutely unbelievable with his picks. In fact last year I believe his final mock had 15/32 players going to the precise team he predicted. That's pretty unbelievable if you think about it, and much much better than anyone else in the business. Don't forget this guy has accurately predicted the Bills 1st round pick the previous 4 seasons (Maybin, McKelvin, Lynch, and yes even good ole Donte Whitner).

For anyone who hasn't seen it before make sure you take a look at his final mock draft, usually put up on the website the morning of the draft. With the 1st round this year being on a Thursday? (I believe) it'll probably be posted that morning or afternoon. He also does a draft value chart where he slots players based on their value (1a-indicating top 10, 1b-indicating middle 10, 1-c-bottom 10 and so on). These charts are just as impressive as he is very precise and accurate. Take a look at his final mock draft and final draft value chart leading up to the 2009 draft and see for yourself!:

Article on his unprecedented 2009 Mock draft!

A little help here...Did you just say that the first round of the draft is on a Thursday?

Aren't they always on the weekend?

A little help here...Did you just say that the first round of the draft is on a Thursday?

Aren't they always on the weekend?

This year, the 1st round starts at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 22nd. The 2nd and 3rd rounds follow on Friday (23rd) starting at 6 p.m., with the final 4 rounds taking place on Saturday (24th) starting at 3 p.m.

The move was made with the intention of getting the draft, amidst it's rising popularity, into primetime television.

Not a bad move if you ask me.