Reid looking to possibly strip Lieberman of....

Magox

Fixed, but other than that

I believe you may be right. Sherod Brown hinted something along those lines yesterday, and I believe that the rest of them are remaining quiet, knowing that if they make it explicitly clear that this was their intentions then they may lose a few moderate votes.

The loony left is so outraged right now, that I can't see them not doing this. It's amazing how they see things from their narrow perspective, they keep saying "One person shouldn't be able to hijack health reform". It's not one person!

38% of the public is for this bill, and there are 40 other senators that are not for this bill, and Ben Nelson, Lincoln and few others are not for the Public Option and a bunch more are not for the expansion of medicare.

There were at least 5 other senators from the Democratic Caucus that expressed major concerns about the Public Option and expansion of Medicare, Joe Lieberman was the only one with the Balls big enough to give an outright NO! So he took the fall, got all the blame, meanwhile there were about 10 other moderates who were greatful as hell that he was the one to get lambasted.

This administration and congress has shown that they will pull out all the stops to get what they want, and I wouldn't expect them to do anything less. I'm pretty sure that once it gets to Conference the Bill will be drastically changed.

It still gets voted on though- if it passes, then fine. I still believe the system works and if a bill passes, it passes. Nothing is going to be perfect, no matter how badly we want it to be. Anything too far over the edge won't get through no matter what

The last Quinnipaic poll shows that Lieberman isn't even representing the majority view of his own state in regards to a public option. Of course I'm sure the insurance companies in Conn. are happy with him.

64. Do you support or oppose giving people the option of being covered by a government health insurance plan that would compete with private plans?

.......................Tot.....Rep.....Dem....Ind.....Men....Wom

Support...........56%.....28%...76%....54%....54%....57%

Oppose............37........68......14.......41.......39.......35

DK/NA...............8..........5......10........6.........7.........8

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1296.xml?ReleaseID=1395

I'm glad you brought that up. check out whas Rasmussen polls says, from December 8th, which is much more recent than the one you linked.

Forty-three percent (43%) of Connecticut voters favor the so-called “public option,”

and

Still, 60% of Connecticut voters say the plan will increase the deficit, and 80% say it’s likely to force an increase in middle-class taxes.

and

if that plan might cause employers to drop coverage and push their workers onto a government-run plan, the numbers change dramatically. Then 30% favor it, and 56% are opposed.

The more this thing gets in the spotlight, the more people hate it, I'm glad you brought this up Pasta Joe :thumbsup: