The Problem with Interim Coaches

sfbillsfan2

Yet you want to run Edwards out of town because he couldn't automatically walk on the field with less than 1 1/2 years worth of starts and succeed behind a brutally bad OLine and with a brand new, 1 week old O-coordinator?

It is in fact, impossible.

The playbook didnt change, the play calling changed Simon. Love how you keep making excuse after excuse for him, but its not even remotely comparable. Brohm has seen ZERO of our offense up until 3 weeks ago...Trent has seen years in this offense. AVP didnt install a new scheme...he changed the play calling, but they are all plays Trent knows...HUGE difference...but go ahead, keep trying to find some new way to spin things to defend your boy crush...

That was pretty weak attempt, even for you...

Fair enough, I took your post wrong, my apologies.

I don't think it's that far of a reach to let Brohm start. OC's shorten up playbooks all of the time. I distinctly recall hearing we run a very "vanilla" offense to begin with, so I'm sure it wouldn't take longer than say, 3 weeks, for Brohm to get the gist of things and show what he has.

I'm actually against this, like I already said, and mostly agree with you that it wouldn't put us in the best position to win now, which is what I think we should be doing.

I also agree that this shouldn't show what Brohm's potential is going into next year. I was wrong for saying that.

Its all good...honestly, I would love to see Brohm get some game action, but its probably not going to happen given we are talking about a player who plays the most complicated position in football, is in only his second year, came in here mid season, and has no game experience.

If he is ready to handle a very simple scheme, then hey, I am all for it. I just dont think he will be ready. If he isnt ready, we run the risk of slowing his development or him even getting hurt.

I was all for getting him in there and even hoped so when we first got him. But the more I thought about it the more I realized its probably best we dont unless he is really ready.

Its all good...honestly, I would love to see Brohm get some game action, but its probably not going to happen given we are talking about a player who plays the most complicated position in football, is in only his second year, came in here mid season, and has no game experience.

If he is ready to handle a very simple scheme, then hey, I am all for it. I just dont think he will be ready. If he isnt ready, we run the risk of slowing his development or him even getting hurt.

I was all for getting him in there and even hoped so when we first got him. But the more I thought about it the more I realized its probably best we dont unless he is really ready.

Well put, I agree. Rushing him now would be counter-productive. Thanks for helping me clear that up with myself!!

Now, about that Losman guy..... :thumbsup: