How bout our QB?

twist_to_open

I don't know why people cannot grasp the obvious.

Let's start with the blatantly obvious:

Wilson hasn't finished "cleaning" house.

Why worry (or bother) about evaluating a player when the people who are doing the evaluation probably will not be here next year?

Once again, the same guys who would evaluate Brohm now probably will not be here come draft day. Do you really care what these people have to say?

Brohm was snagged off the practice squad. Brohm would have to play lights out to even consider NOT drafting/acquiring a QB in the off season. And if Brohm was able to play lights out (or even something close to it), he would NOT be sitting on the practice squad.

Other than to pacify people like you, the organization gains NOTHING in playing Brohm now.

Why is that so hard to understand?

OMFG!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wallbash:

The people doing the evaluation MAY OR MAY NOT still be here.

On draft day and the weeks leading up to it, THE FILM OF BROHM PLAYING QB WILL STILL BE HERE!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why isn't it obvious to you that signing Brohm was just a flyer by the present front office and the guy isn't ready (and may never be) to start in the NFL? That's the message that keeps coming out of 1 Bills Drive, but it's not getting through to the Brohmans.

The bottom line is some guy you pick up off the scrap heap will have no bearing on whether or not we take a QB in the 1st round.

I guarantee the reason the Bills grabbed Brohm is that they DON'T want to burn their first round pick on ANY of this year's projected QB draft-darlings - each of them has big question marks, and the Bills have burning needs on both lines as well as linebacker. They're hoping Brohm lives up to his Heisman-candidate days at Louisville, when he was one of the nation's top QBs and projected by at least one draftnik as the overall #1 pick of the '07 draft before he returned to Louisville for his senior year and fell to the 2nd round in the '08 draft.

I doubt we'll see him against the Cheatriettes*, but trust me - if he doesn't start, we'll at least see Brohm get significant playing time the last two games.

I guarantee the reason the Bills grabbed Brohm is that they DON'T want to burn their first round pick on ANY of this year's projected QB draft-darlings - each of them has big question marks, and the Bills have burning needs on both lines as well as linebacker. They're hoping Brohm lives up to his Heisman-candidate days at Louisville, when he was one of the nation's top QBs and projected by at least one draftnik as the overall #1 pick of the '07 draft before he returned to Louisville for his senior year and fell to the 2nd round in the '08 draft.

I doubt we'll see him against the Cheatriettes*, but trust me - if he doesn't start, we'll at least see Brohm get significant playing time the last two games.

We'll probably snag a QB or two on the second day of the draft.

Where can I get some of the hallucinogens ingested by some members of this board? That's not a knock, I want to be as hopeful as some of you are. But every time I try to tell myself "that is a good sign for the future," the right brain gives me several reasons why I am deluding myself.

Just watched Miracle on 34th Street. Could there actually be a miracle at one bills drive? There I go again. :thumbsup:

Likely so - we'll need a #3 to replace Edwards, who will likely be out of professional football next season. I still think we should have signed Graham Harrell last Spring.

Agreed. Of course, last spring there were some that thought Edwards > Kelly. Regardless, I think you're plan is most likely to happen, and the one I'm most supportive of. QB's are a crap shoot. I think unless a serious amount of talent like Locker falls (almost statistically impossible) there is no reason to consider a QB. It's a serious need, but I'd rather not force it, ya know?

Likely so - we'll need a #3 to replace Edwards, who will likely be out of professional football next season. I still think we should have signed Graham Harrell last Spring.

Edwards will be in football next year... If he isn't starting, he'll be a backup somewhere, likely here. again, you don't give up on a guy if he is supposed to be your guy. Edwards like Losman, like RJ, like Clod Tollins before him is being mismanaged and destroyed by bad coaching and personnel decisions.

How can you expect someone to develop when a.) you have no line b.) you have a system that was easy for defenses to pick apart and read c.) you fire a coordinator 7 days before the season.

Frankly, Edwards is a conservative QB that was not taking shots down the field because he was getting killed, but he didn't make too many stupid decisions. Where Fitzpatrick makes dumb decisions, but is more aesthetically pleasing because he takes shots. The stats are in Edwards favor, but because Fitz is willing to throw a deep ball the fans want him in.

Simply put, Fitzy almost cost the Bills this game as he did last week. Put Trent back in as long as he is still not suffering from concussion symptoms. In the last game Edwards played, he was solid until that one drive where he threw 3 **** passes in a row, and we haven't seen him on since.

In less games Edwards has more yards and touchdowns, while having a lower interception %, and a higher completion %. That should say enough right there.

OMFG!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wallbash:

The people doing the evaluation MAY OR MAY NOT still be here.

On draft day and the weeks leading up to it, THE FILM OF BROHM PLAYING QB WILL STILL BE HERE!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

And you want them to base their decision on whether he's the guy or not on THREE GAMES?

The guy was snagged off a practice squad (after failing to beat out the previous back up who was drafted in the 7th round), has been on this team less than 4 weeks, and you want to throw him into the fire so the new guys can decide whether or not they need to draft another QB?

:doh: :doh:

Stick to shilling for Leach.

At least you are amusing doing that.

Edwards will be in football next year... If he isn't starting, he'll be a backup somewhere, likely here. again, you don't give up on a guy if he is supposed to be your guy. Edwards like Losman, like RJ, like Clod Tollins before him is being mismanaged and destroyed by bad coaching and personnel decisions.

How can you expect someone to develop when a.) you have no line b.) you have a system that was easy for defenses to pick apart and read c.) you fire a coordinator 7 days before the season.

Frankly, Edwards is a conservative QB that was not taking shots down the field because he was getting killed, but he didn't make too many stupid decisions. Where Fitzpatrick makes dumb decisions, but is more aesthetically pleasing because he takes shots. The stats are in Edwards favor, but because Fitz is willing to throw a deep ball the fans want him in.

Simply put, Fitzy almost cost the Bills this game as he did last week. Put Trent back in as long as he is still not suffering from concussion symptoms. In the last game Edwards played, he was solid until that one drive where he threw 3 **** passes in a row, and we haven't seen him on since.

In less games Edwards has more yards and touchdowns, while having a lower interception %, and a higher completion %. That should say enough right there.

Edwards is not the answer, and I'm sorry you're still in denial.

What are you complaining about?? It's not like he's even going to be on the team next year. Anything else to B word about?

PTR

I don't know why Fitz is even in this league much less playing for Buffalo, but regardless, it is my guess he will be back next year, as the backup. I believe they signed him for like 3 years. Two weeks in a row he played so pathetic he should be tied up in the locker room and left in Kansas City. He is so terrible and it is really no surprise. He did everything he could possibly do to lose the game, and they won in spite of him.

Both of these were done because of Trent.

Or as AVP mentioned (to paraphrase), he can run a more complicated offense post Trent.

More importantly, THE PLAYERS WANT HIM IN.

Both of these were done because of Trent.

Or as AVP mentioned (to paraphrase), he can run a more complicated offense post Trent.

More importantly, THE PLAYERS WANT HIM IN.

It shouldn't be about the players' wants first off... They wanted Jauron as coach because of the soft practices :thumbsup: .

Is the more complicated offense post-Trent or post-Jauron? Because the game where Trent got hurt was when the gameplan shifted a little to include routes over the middle and more senisble gameplanning (still not great, though).

@murra, I'm not in denial. Simply put Edwards is the better quarterback. I think the O's "improved" play is more a function of Jauron's departure than Fitzy playing.

under 100 yards two games in a row is inexcusable. Let alone the fact that in 5 of the 7 games where Fitz has seen 3 quarters or more in action he has thrown for 125 yards or less. The only QB with as many throws at Fitz was worse #'s is Jamarcus Russell.

@murra, I'm not in denial. Simply put Edwards is the better quarterback. I think the O's "improved" play is more a function of Jauron's departure than Fitzy playing.

under 100 yards two games in a row is inexcusable. Let alone the fact that in 5 of the 7 games where Fitz has seen 3 quarters or more in action he has thrown for 125 yards or less. The only QB with as many throws at Fitz was worse #'s is Jamarcus Russell.

Remember, my claim is not that Fitzpatrick is the best QB, it is that Edwards is not the answer, and should not be counted on at all next season.

Fitzpatrick can't make any throws, at all. He does look down-field which is a bit of a refreshment, but the INT where he tried to force the ball into Evans was unacceptable. However, he SHOULD be your starting QB right now. He's going to be on the team next year as the solid back up. Trent is an egg-head. He's messed up, another mis-managed QB. But you gotta let it go, he's not a gamer.

Remember, my claim is not that Fitzpatrick is the best QB, it is that Edwards is not the answer, and should not be counted on at all next season.

Fitzpatrick can't make any throws, at all. He does look down-field which is a bit of a refreshment, but the INT where he tried to force the ball into Evans was unacceptable. However, he SHOULD be your starting QB right now. He's going to be on the team next year as the solid back up. Trent is an egg-head. He's messed up, another mis-managed QB. But you gotta let it go, he's not a gamer.

i would keep TE as a backup imo. but i don't think either are great. I just think you gotta let the better QB get another chance at this point.

What I would do is start TE the next two games as make or break for his career, and possibly let Brohm prove himself against the Colts 3rd stringers.

Brohm was overrated in college. He put up some stats and his uncle had been a journeyman NFL QB so it was assumed he would be an improved version. Problem is, he's not athletic at all. His uncle could move a little. Brian Brohm looked pretty awful in preseason play. Lumbering, deliberate, stiff. I guess he could get better, but I don't think this was much more than a shot in the dark. Seriously, he looked awful.

Correction: it was his older brother not his uncle.

i would keep TE as a backup imo. but i don't think either are great. I just think you gotta let the better QB get another chance at this point.

What I would do is start TE the next two games as make or break for his career, and possibly let Brohm prove himself against the Colts 3rd stringers.

Edwards already got his make or break opportunity. That was this season, he failed miserably. He is sitting for two reasons. One, the AVP thinks this guy is not executing his offense. Two, Perry Fewell thinks Fitz can win him the most games, and he wants to get as many W's as possible so as to boost his resume.

Now I may not agree with the second point, but that's clearly what's happening, and all you can do at this point is piss and moan about it. Trent aint startin' another game as a Bill.

Why would you want Edwards hanging around the team next year? Fitzpatrick is the backup manager I think I'd want anyways. Trent is too easily rattled, and carries enough excuses for the entire team.

Fitz has looked HORRIBLE these last couple games, but at this point it barely matters. The players don't seem to respect Trent and are incapable of winning under him. Keep in mind Trent is only responsible for one win this season, he could just never get it done. I wouldn't mind seeing Brohm take some snaps, but there surely is not enough time this season to know if he is anything.

We all know Trent is washed up as a Bill--why bother putting him back in? There is just no point at all. We all know drafting a QB is imperative, might as well keep playing the chumps we know will be on next year's team.

Edwards already got his make or break opportunity. That was this season, he failed miserably. He is sitting for two reasons. One, the AVP thinks this guy is not executing his offense. Two, Perry Fewell thinks Fitz can win him the most games, and he wants to get as many W's as possible so as to boost his resume.

Now I may not agree with the second point, but that's clearly what's happening, and all you can do at this point is piss and moan about it. Trent aint startin' another game as a Bill.

Why would you want Edwards hanging around the team next year? Fitzpatrick is the backup manager I think I'd want anyways. Trent is too easily rattled, and carries enough excuses for the entire team.

I think that Edwards given a gameplan customized to him can do well. In the Tennessee game where he got benched, he had a bad series, and that was it. You don't get rid of a guy for one bad series. He is still signed for next year, I'd keep him around at least until preseason and let him battle it out with Fitz, Brohm, and whoever else.

I will say that both QB's would probably look better with a better line, and that we have by no means seen them at their best this year (w/ exception of TE vs. NE this year), but I would put in the better passer and tell him to look for the one on ones deep and give it whirl when you see that (as opposed the checkdown that he was coached to do to excess).

I think that Edwards given a gameplan customized to him can do well. In the Tennessee game where he got benched, he had a bad series, and that was it. You don't get rid of a guy for one bad series. He is still signed for next year, I'd keep him around at least until preseason and let him battle it out with Fitz, Brohm, and whoever else.

I will say that both QB's would probably look better with a better line, and that we have by no means seen them at their best this year (w/ exception of TE vs. NE this year), but I would put in the better passer and tell him to look for the one on ones deep and give it whirl when you see that (as opposed the checkdown that he was coached to do to excess).

You're absolutely right. You get rid of a quarterback for putrid games week in and week out for about three years. I'm not actually sure how someone can have 23 starts and never manage to amass over 300 yards in a single game. I'm still shocked that this guy, who averaged less than a TD/game still has fans.

He's not going to start again though, and despite your attempts to argue for it, in the long run it will matter not, as Edwards seems quite visibly to not be in the Bills' future.