How bout our QB?

twist_to_open

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

87 yards passing??? are you sh!ttin me???

Unless the next coach of the Bills thinks they can resurrect Trent Edwards, or Brohm is the steal of the century, I don't think the Bills next great QB is on this roster. I really like Fitzgerald as a back-up, because he is a good athlete, seems relatively calm under pressure, and does some things well. He makes some dumb decisions, but at least he isn't afraid to be decisive. His cut block on Marshawns' 47 yard run was probably the highlight of the game for me... but do I want to go into the 2010 season knowing that he is the starter? Absolutely not...

87 yards passing??? are you sh!ttin me???

so that is what i just gave birth to? :thumbdown:

Seriously, anyone who believes that Patrick Fitzryan is an NFL starting QB needs to be questioned. I would say that they should give Edwards a chance to prove himself, with Brohm playing against the Clots in the final week.

so that is what i just gave birth to? :thumbdown:

Seriously, anyone who believes that Patrick Fitzryan is an NFL starting QB needs to be questioned. I would say that they should give Edwards a chance to prove himself, with Brohm playing against the Clots in the final week.

Edwards had is chance. He's done. Brohm is not ready or else he probably would be playing. So it's Fitzy for now.

PTR

Fitz is your typical journeyman QB, now on his 3rd team in 5 NFL seasons. He was brought in to be the anti-JP backup QB and nothing more.

Brohm is a cast-off, and it astounds me that people think this guy is franchise QB material. 30 other teams declined to sign him from GB's practice squad, but we're to believe Buffalo's pro personnel department knows something the other 30 franchises don't? Sure.

Edwards had is chance. He's done. Brohm is not ready or else he probably would be playing. So it's Fitzy for now.

PTR

Just looking at #'s alone Edwards has been the better QB. You invested a higher draft pick on him, let him have the chance to learn. You are ready to give up on him like Chargers fans wanted to get rid of Brees.

It takes up to 5 years to develop a QB, not 3 as the Bills brass believes. The Bills fans and brass would have given up on QB's like Rich Gannon, Doug Flutie, Steve Young, Kurt Warner as well. FAct of the matter is that the kid is still young enough to recover, and has more talent as a passer than the #2. So let the kid try as the last two weeks by Fitz has been atrocious at best.

Fitz is your typical journeyman QB, now on his 3rd team in 5 NFL seasons. He was brought in to be the anti-JP backup QB and nothing more.

Brohm is a cast-off, and it astounds me that people think this guy is franchise QB material. 30 other teams declined to sign him from GB's practice squad, but we're to believe Buffalo's pro personnel department knows something the other 30 franchises don't? Sure.

I just love how people are insisting Brohm needs NEEDS to play just so they can evaluate him.

Like 3 games is enough to determine if Brohm is a bust or a steal.

Brohm is under contract, and will be here next year. The new staff can properly evaluate him starting in the off season.

Just looking at #'s alone Edwards has been the better QB. You invested a higher draft pick on him, let him have the chance to learn. You are ready to give up on him like Chargers fans wanted to get rid of Brees.

Makes no difference how good you perceive him to be, Trent's own teammates do NOT believe he is a leader.

Hell, it was rumored even Jauron had given up on Trent after the Tenn game.

It takes up to 5 years to develop a QB, not 3 as the Bills brass believes. The Bills fans and brass would have given up on QB's like Rich Gannon, Doug Flutie, Steve Young, Kurt Warner as well. FAct of the matter is that the kid is still young enough to recover, and has more talent as a passer than the #2. So let the kid try as the last two weeks by Fitz has been atrocious at best.

The PLAYERS have given up on Trent.

I just love how people are insisting Brohm needs NEEDS to play just so they can evaluate him.

Brohm is under contract, and will be here next year. The new staff can properly evaluate him starting in the off season.

Certainly. No way 3 games gives anyone an opportunity to know if he's legitimate or not. I tend to think no, given his poor showing during the pre-season and inability to win the backup job in GB.

We can only hope there'll be another regime that is more suited to building a winner than the previous versions.

Unless the next coach of the Bills thinks they can resurrect Trent Edwards, or Brohm is the steal of the century, I don't think the Bills next great QB is on this roster. I really like Fitzgerald as a back-up, because he is a good athlete, seems relatively calm under pressure, and does some things well. He makes some dumb decisions, but at least he isn't afraid to be decisive. His cut block on Marshawns' 47 yard run was probably the highlight of the game for me... but do I want to go into the 2010 season knowing that he is the starter? Absolutely not...

If Trent had a pick in the endzone, 87 yrds passing, and a fumble on a sack the board would be calling for him to be benched.

Trent should start the remaining games.

It could be that next season, Fitzpatrick will be the only one of the present QBs on the opening day roster.

As others have stated, his own teammates have endorsed Trent's benching. As far a Brohm is concerned, he's nothing better than a guy Green Bay waived & for 2/3 of the season nobody made a move to get him off GB's practice squad. The worst arguments of the start Brohm group I've heard is when we offered him a contract, GB tried to MATCH it. I never heard that GB thought enough of him to offer anything that exceeded our offer. Unless you're destoyed by injuries to all your QBs, no team takes a guy off the scrap heap who has never taken a single NFL snap-except for preseason, and makes him the starter to see what he's got. The basic assumption on Brohm has to be a bust who is filling a roster spot who has no business starting anytime soon. Anyone with the delusion that he's anything more than that is really grasping at straws. It's almost the equivalent of a Colts fan expecting Drew Willy to eventually be the successor to Peyton Manning.

Why does the blatantly obvious seem so obscure to some??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wallbash:

Plenty of reasons to take an early look at Brohm, starting with a high 1st round draft pick in April, and potentially having Clausen, Bradford, or Locker sitting there on the board when we draft.

Why does the blatantly obvious seem so obscure to some??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wallbash:

Plenty of reasons to take an early look at Brohm, starting with a high 1st round draft pick in April, and potentially having Clausen, Bradford, or Locker sitting there on the board when we draft.

Then why isn't it obvious to you that signing Brohm was just a flyer by the present front office and the guy isn't ready (and may never be) to start in the NFL? That's the message that keeps coming out of 1 Bills Drive, but it's not getting through to the Brohmans.

The bottom line is some guy you pick up off the scrap heap will have no bearing on whether or not we take a QB in the 1st round.

I don't know why people cannot grasp the obvious.

Let's start with the blatantly obvious:

Wilson hasn't finished "cleaning" house.

Why worry (or bother) about evaluating a player when the people who are doing the evaluation probably will not be here next year?

Once again, the same guys who would evaluate Brohm now probably will not be here come draft day. Do you really care what these people have to say?

Brohm was snagged off the practice squad. Brohm would have to play lights out to even consider NOT drafting/acquiring a QB in the off season. And if Brohm was able to play lights out (or even something close to it), he would NOT be sitting on the practice squad.

Other than to pacify people like you, the organization gains NOTHING in playing Brohm now.

Why is that so hard to understand?