O-line - 2010

zazie

Not seeing much reason for optimism next year. We have one high quality entrenched guy, Levitre, as of now.

Everyone else is either injured or being tested still. The line to open next season is likely to be 3/5 to 4/5 new guys again.

Not a good thought but there it is.

Is Meredith or Bell serviceable as a long term starting tackle?

Not seeing much reason for optimism next year. We have one high quality entrenched guy, Levitre, as of now.

Everyone else is either injured or being tested still. The line to open next season is likely to be 3/5 to 4/5 new guys again.

Not a good thought but there it is.

Is Meredith maybe or Bell probably not serviceable as a long term starting tackle?

The line will probably be:

some combo of levitre, handy, wood, butler, and a FA/rookie

MY preference would be this :

Levitre-Handy/Wood-Handy/Wood-Butler-Rookie/FA

I liked how Levitre did at LT, and Handy might be better at guard while we let Wood play his college position.

The line will probably be:

some combo of levitre, handy, wood, butler, and a FA/rookie

MY preference would be this :

Levitre-Handy/Wood-Handy/Wood-Butler-Rookie/FA

I liked how Levitre did at LT, and Handy might be better at guard while we let Wood play his college position.

I dont think we should count on Wood being ready to start the season. Things would look much better if he could.

Levitre was moved to LG for a reason (and all the scouts said he'd need to move to G), he isn't NFL LT material.

I'd like this

Draft/FA-Levitre-Wood-Draft/FA/Butler-Draft/FA/Butler

Moving Hang. to back-up C/G.

Um... Just because scouts said he'd need to move G, doesn't mean he needs to. He showed enough that he could play there effectively. if it wasn't for wood and mckinney getting hurt he would still be playing there. But I recall that backside of Fitz being better protected with Levitre at LT than any other point this season.

I dont think we should count on Wood being ready to start the season. Things would look much better if he could.

I'm sure when it is time to draft/sign players for next year they should have a better idea of Wood's status for next year. And I do think it is ridiculous to automatically count him out (weren't people trying to convince us that Byrd wouldn't even play this season when he was hurt in the pre-season?)

Um... Just because scouts said he'd need to move G, doesn't mean he needs to. He showed enough that he could play there effectively. if it wasn't for wood and mckinney getting hurt he would still be playing there. But I recall that backside of Fitz being better protected with Levitre at LT than any other point this season.

Yeah, and late-period Michael Jackson might have been better-looking than Jocelyn Wildenstein or Marty Feldman. But that doesn't mean you want your brother or sister dating any of them. He's tough enough to play the line and especially guard, but IMHO not nifty enough to play LT. Yeah, better than anyone else on the Bills but that's damning by faint praise.