The Best Mel Brooks Movie

Steely Dan

Favorite Mel Brooks Movie  

68 members have voted

1. 1. IMO, the best Mel Brooks movie is....

• Spaceballs
    • Young Frankenstein
    • History of the World part 1
    • The Producers
    • Robin Hood Men in Tights
    • High Anxiety
    • Silent Movie
    • Blazing Saddles
    • Dracula Dead and Loving it
    • Life Stinks
    • The Twelve Chairs

You're right. He's yet to match the brilliance of Daddy Daycare.

:lol:

I'm guessing Pauly Shore is his favorite.

Taggart may be my favorite character in that film.

"I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots."

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

High Anxiety has to get an honorable mention- it really did an outstanding job of producing over-the-top Hitchcock parody. Classic scenes such as the vertigo in the hotel, Dick Van Patten being killed with an extremely loud radio, the ink down the drain, and the final tower scene. You just don't see it near as much on TV anymore, but I thoroughly enjoy watching it.

I concur. The ink down the drain just kills me. "Here's your damned paper!!!"

I agree that in the end the vote came down to Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. I chose Young Frankenstein in the end because felt as a movie it was better and feel because of social views changing nowadays some of Blazing Saddles humor is lost whereas YF's humor will last longer. Yet the humor in Blazing Saddles might have been better. As mentioned the ending of Blazing Saddles was horrible. Also the camp fire joke while funny was a bit, pun intended, long winded.