Best Christmas Song of the Year

BillsNYC

Well, I was at Best Buy today, so... as a Bob Dylan fan I picked up his Christmas CD. It is the greatest Christmas CD of all time.

<boring story>

I was a huge Bob Dylan fan for my high school/early college years. Went to a show he had at Buff State (yes, Buff State, not UB) in '99. Got there 4 hours early thinking (incorrectly) that people would be there for much longer than that. Ended up getting front row. After the show, Bob reaches over and shakes my hand. In his hand was his pick. I of course still have that pick.

</boring story>

Bob Dylan is one of the most interesting people in entertainment ever. Read about him. He put out several albums that were purposely awful (and yet people bought them by the masses).

This Christmas album is the first album in decades where he doesn't disguise his voice. I know many people think his voice is god awful. But for the last 5 albums, he had to "hide" the effect smoking 2 packs a day had on his voice. In other words, as bad as it was, his voice was actually much worse. This Christmas album is the first he just finally says "screw it" and sings in his own voice. Musically, its awful. Historically, its !@#$ing awesome. I'm sorry for swearing :lol:

Well, I was at Best Buy today, so... as a Bob Dylan fan I picked up his Christmas CD. It is the greatest Christmas CD of all time.

<boring story>

I was a huge Bob Dylan fan for my high school/early college years. Went to a show he had at Buff State (yes, Buff State, not UB) in '99. Got there 4 hours early thinking (incorrectly) that people would be there for much longer than that. Ended up getting front row. After the show, Bob reaches over and shakes my hand. In his hand was his pick. I of course still have that pick.

</boring story>

Bob Dylan is one of the most interesting people in entertainment ever. Read about him. He put out several albums that were purposely awful (and yet people bought them by the masses).

This Christmas album is the first album in decades where he doesn't disguise his voice. I know many people think his voice is god awful. But for the last 5 albums, he had to "hide" the effect smoking 2 packs a day had on his voice. In other words, as bad as it was, his voice was actually much worse. This Christmas album is the first he just finally says "screw it" and sings in his own voice. Musically, its awful. Historically, its !@#$ing awesome. I'm sorry for swearing :thumbdown:

yep his voice is horrendous....but his last several albums have been great. I like the 60s ,95-present,70s 80s Dylan in that order. Late 70s til mid 90s I thought his albums sucked. But wow the last several have been quite the comeback.