Michelle Obama crowned "Most Fascinating Person"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comment she made. "first time I'm proud of my country" was an incredibly telling moment. She's known to some around Chicago (before the campaign) as an angry black women. Nasty. What's most fascinating to me is how Barack has kept a lid on her so well since the election as she must be kicking his butt all around the inside of the White House.

:lol: I wonder if she calls him a honky Nabisco cracker cornbread?

Everyone's had tough times-only the weak would use it as an excuse to turn on their own country.

By your flippant reference to periodic "tough-times," I assume you've never visited Chicago's South Side. Hardly the same country you grew up in, I assume. Keep in mind, at the time of her birth there were laws on the books in our country which systematically created these so-called "tough times." Given her time and place, I'd say her alleged anger was mostly directed at in the right places.

Two doctors?

:lol:

By your flippant reference to periodic "tough-times," I assume you've never visited Chicago's South Side. Hardly the same country you grew up in, I assume. Keep in mind, at the time of her birth there were laws on the books in our country which systematically created these so-called "tough times." Given her time and place, I'd say her alleged anger was mostly directed at in the right places.

:lol:

Think John McCain wasn't proud of America while he was being tortured?

Passed through the South side of Chicago tonight and have been through there many times. Things there will only change when the people of the South side decide to change it. That begins with every small decision they make throughout each and every day, including the decision to LEAVE. If you truly want your kids to succeed, you start with keeping the family together, making sure they do their best in school, teaching them good values and preparing them to succeed on their own. Many of the people in that area don't do these basic things. The formula for successs is not that tough to figure out. Being a victim of society doesn't usually yield much happiness and a sot economy generaly squeezes out the weak first and foremost. Just like mother nature. Entitlements don't solve the problem.

Passed through the South side of Chicago tonight and have been through there many times. Things there will only change when the people of the South side decide to change it. That begins with every small decision they make throughout each and every day, including the decision to LEAVE. If you truly want your kids to succeed, you start with keeping the family together, making sure they do their best in school, teaching them good values and preparing them to succeed on their own. Many of the people in that area don't do these basic things. The formula for successs is not that tough to figure out. Being a victim of society doesn't usually yield much happiness and a sot economy generaly squeezes out the weak first and foremost. Just like mother nature. Entitlements don't solve the problem.

Just because you passed through Hyde Park doesn't mean you've been through the South Side, bud.

You seem like an okay fella, but the solutions you've outlined here (move, or make the most out of your situation and/or education) might honestly be some of the most ignorant things you could say about the plight of those living in rough urban areas.

And no, I'm not advocating handouts.