Steelers at Browns

Dan

Ignoring the O-line problems is starting to pay its toll on the Steelers. Big Ben is showing signs of the dreaded happy feet Trenticitis. Big Bens balls have now shrunk to half of their original size and if the disease goes untreated and continues Big Ben will have no balls at all.

Big Ben will become Sally,

I'll drink to that... :)

Pittsburgh recent drafting history:

3rd round: Kraig Urbik, G

7th round: A.Q. Shipley, C

2008:

4th round: Tony Hills, OT

2007:

5th round: Cameron Stephenson, G

undrafted FA: Darnell Stapleton, G/C

2006:

4th round: Willie Colon, G

6th round: Marvin Philip, C

2005:

3rd round: Trai Essex, G

6th round: Chris Kemoeatu, G

Another good point by a valuable poster.

Anyone watching this mess? What happened to the Steelers? They look like the Bills out there - can't tackle, Big Ben has been sacked 5 times already, just poor football all around.

This just goes to show you how fleeting and fragile the recipe to winning in the NFL actually is...Wow did this team fall off....

Tomlin has as many SuperBowl victories as Cowher. AND in a lot less time....

Just saying....

I was wondering...Since the Steelers have lost 5 straight, does that make Mike Tomlin an idiot and Ben Rothlesberger a bust? I need to know if the standard TBD rating system applies to other NFL teams?

PTR

I was wondering...Since the Steelers have lost 5 straight, does that make Mike Tomlin an idiot and Ben Rothlesberger a bust? I need to know if the standard TBD rating system applies to other NFL teams.

PTR

To answer your question: YES! According to half of this board.

In reality, most of the components are still there. They just aren't playing well right now.

Guest dog14787
Pittsburgh recent drafting history:

3rd round: Kraig Urbik, G

7th round: A.Q. Shipley, C

2008:

4th round: Tony Hills, OT

2007:

5th round: Cameron Stephenson, G

undrafted FA: Darnell Stapleton, G/C

2006:

4th round: Willie Colon, G

6th round: Marvin Philip, C

2005:

3rd round: Trai Essex, G

6th round: Chris Kemoeatu, G

Another good point by a valuable poster.

Awwww, Go kiss big Sally( with gloves), she needs some tender loving care for her aching head thanks to the 8 sacks and constant pressure she faced all night...

But Tomlin really just inherited Cowher's team.

Yeah and then won a championship in only his second season as a head coach, two years after Cowher finished third in his division and missed the playoffs. Again.

I hope Bill comes out of retirement and goes to work for a team that doesn't have the best talent in the NFL. Then the rest of the world can see what an idiot he is.

Except he did it with Cowher's team. Barry Switzer anyone??

Here is a list of the players they lost since last year:

* OG Kendall Simmons - released; 2002 first round pick; ended 2008 season on IR[30]

* LB Mike Humpal - released; 2008 sixth round pick; ended 2008 on IR[30]

* WR Nate Washington - 2005 undrafted free agent; signed with the Tennessee Titans as an unrestricted free agent[31]

* FS Anthony Smith - 2006 3rd round pick; signed with Green Bay Packers as an unrestricted free agent[32]

* CB Bryant McFadden - 2005 2nd round pick; signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an unrestricted free agent[33]

* OT Marvel Smith - 2000 2nd round pick who started 108 games as a Steeler; signed with San Francisco 49ers[34]

* QB Byron Leftwich - Steelers 2008 back-up QB; signed with Tampa Bay Buccaneers[35]

* RB Gary Russell - released; 2007 undrafted rookie free agent, scored first touchdown of Super Bowl XLIII; signed with Oakland Raiders.[36]

* LB Larry Foote - released; 2002 2nd round pick who started 83 games as a Steeler, including all 80 over the past five seasons; signed with Detroit Lions.[37]

* LS Jared Retkofsky - released; signed last season when veteran long snapper Greg Warren tore his ACL[24]

* CB Fernando Bryant - Retired [38]

Sorry, but the core of the Championship team is still there. You say it was Cowher's team. Well Cowher still only won 1 Superbowl with his team in a lot more seasons.....

I hope Bill comes out of retirement and goes to work for a team that doesn't have the best talent in the NFL. Then the rest of the world can see what an idiot he is.

I don't know... he essentially took a team that was rebuilt from the ashes of the mid-1990's and won a Super Bowl.... he didn't inherit a team like Jim Caldwell or Mike Tomlin, so I completely disagree...

I don't know... he essentially took a team that was rebuilt from the ashes of the mid-1990's and won a Super Bowl.... he didn't inherit a team like Jim Caldwell or Mike Tomlin, so I completely disagree...

The Stillers were absolutely loaded with talent for nearly every minute of Cowher's career. When he took over their roster consisted of some of the following players:

Dermontti Dawson

John Jackson

Eric Green

Barry Foster

Tunch Ilkin

Merril Hoge

Rod Woodson

Greg Lloyd

Yancy Thigpen

Levon Kirkland

Carnell Lake

Leon Searcy

Darren Perry

Hardy Nickerson

Tom Donohoe continued adding talented players like Jerome Bettis, Kevin Greene, Alan Faneca, Joel Steed, Hines Ward, Jeff Hartings, James Harrison, etc etc etc ad infinitum.

And after 14 more years of his regular Sunday afternoon asshattery, Cowher finally got to put on Dick LeBeau's ring.

Awwww, Go kiss big Sally( with gloves), she needs some tender loving care for her aching head thanks to the 8 sacks and constant pressure she faced all night...

Except you said they hadn't paid attention to the line. You were wrong. It may suck, but it's not for lack of trying.

Yeah and then won a championship in only his second season as a head coach, two years after Cowher finished third in his division and missed the playoffs. Again.

Yeah, those eight division titles, ten postseason appearances, six AFC Championship games and three Super Bowl appearances in 15 seasons really shows how much he sucks. Great point.

Switzer won it in 1995 after Johnson's Cowboys had won it in 1993. Tomlin won in it 2008 after Cowher had won in it 2005. It's not really that much of a stretch.

Here is a list of the players they lost since last year:

* OG Kendall Simmons - released; 2002 first round pick; ended 2008 season on IR[30]

* LB Mike Humpal - released; 2008 sixth round pick; ended 2008 on IR[30]

* WR Nate Washington - 2005 undrafted free agent; signed with the Tennessee Titans as an unrestricted free agent[31]

* FS Anthony Smith - 2006 3rd round pick; signed with Green Bay Packers as an unrestricted free agent[32]

* CB Bryant McFadden - 2005 2nd round pick; signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an unrestricted free agent[33]

* OT Marvel Smith - 2000 2nd round pick who started 108 games as a Steeler; signed with San Francisco 49ers[34]

* QB Byron Leftwich - Steelers 2008 back-up QB; signed with Tampa Bay Buccaneers[35]

* RB Gary Russell - released; 2007 undrafted rookie free agent, scored first touchdown of Super Bowl XLIII; signed with Oakland Raiders.[36]

* LB Larry Foote - released; 2002 2nd round pick who started 83 games as a Steeler, including all 80 over the past five seasons; signed with Detroit Lions.[37]

* LS Jared Retkofsky - released; signed last season when veteran long snapper Greg Warren tore his ACL[24]

* CB Fernando Bryant - Retired [38]

Sorry, but the core of the Championship team is still there. You say it was Cowher's team. Well Cowher still only won 1 Superbowl with his team in a lot more seasons.....

Exactly my point, the core is still there. Not sure what your point is here...

Yeah, now that you mention it, Cowher does kind of remind me of Barry Switzer.

Yeah, that's it... :)

The Stillers were absolutely loaded with talent for nearly every minute of Cowher's career. When he took over their roster consisted of some of the following players:

Dermontti Dawson

John Jackson

Eric Green

Barry Foster

Tunch Ilkin

Merril Hoge

Rod Woodson

Greg Lloyd

Yancy Thigpen

Levon Kirkland

Carnell Lake

Leon Searcy

Darren Perry

Hardy Nickerson

Tom Donohoe continued adding talented players like Jerome Bettis, Kevin Greene, Alan Faneca, Joel Steed, Hines Ward, Jeff Hartings, James Harrison, etc etc etc ad infinitum.

And after 14 more years of his regular Sunday afternoon asshattery, Cowher finally got to put on Dick LeBeau's ring.

Yeah, except Pittsburgh was on a three-year playoff draught until Bill took over, then went six years in a row as soon as he took over.

And ride that Tom Donahoe train. That should be a popular POV on this forum.

By the way, Dick LeBeau, as brilliant of a defensive mind as he was, was 12-33 as a head coach. Just sayin'.

Dermontti Dawson

John Jackson

Eric Green

Barry Foster

Tunch Ilkin

Merril Hoge

Rod Woodson

Greg Lloyd

Yancy Thigpen

Levon Kirkland

Carnell Lake

Leon Searcy

Darren Perry

Hardy Nickerson

YESSS!!! :)