Mark Herzlich...

Watching the College Football Awards Show on ESPN, and just saw the story on this kid. His battle against cancer touches very close to home with me, losing my father to pancreatic cancer almost 2 years ago.

I hope he returns to the field and still chases his dream of being a top NFL draft pick, the Bills could use him...AND his fiery, passionate attitude on the field. He seems to be quite the leader too.

I will pray for him...Here's to my new favorite football player/idol...Mark Herzlich. :)

*GO TOBY! (or Big Suzie for the Heisman)

Watching the College Football Awards Show on ESPN, and just saw the story on this kid. His battle against cancer touches very close to home with me, losing my father to pancreatic cancer almost 2 years ago.

I hope he returns to the field and still chases his dream of being a top NFL draft pick, the Bills could use him...AND his fiery, passionate attitude on the field. He seems to be quite the leader too.

I will pray for him...Here's to my new favorite football player/idol...Mark Herzlich. :)

*GO TOBY! (or Big Suzie for the Heisman)

First off, I'm very sorry to hear about your Father.

I saw this segment as well. The kid seems about as tough, genuine and motivated as it gets. Seems like an all around good guy! I hope comes back and tears up on the gridiron next year and beyond and more importantly that he remains cancer free...

On a side note. What did you think of the show? I thought it seemed very "real" and was very well done (not over produced).

He was certainly amongst the best linebackers in the nation last year. Definitely a QB-of-the-defense kind of guy on the field. Very inspiring story, and the whole ACC and some other BC opponents this year have donated a bunch of money for Ewing's Sarcoma research. I can't wait to see him back on the gridiron next year!