The latest to weigh in on Tim Tebow

In an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show (quoted on PFT), Simms is quoted as saying:

"He's going to make it in the NFL as a quarterback. Somebody will take him," Simms said. "I think it's a pretty tough road ahead. I think he has to make some changes as far as how he throws if he wants to be a successful NFL quarterback."

(PFT) Simms takes issue with those who think Tebow can succeed simply because he has the character and leadership of a successful quarterback. Simms says character and leadership aren't nearly as important as the ability to throw the football. And Simms questions whether Tebow has that ability.

"It's about the arm," Simms said. "It's about the arm. Let's just get over that. . . . It's not a powerful arm, by no means. It's not quick. He's just really got to control the football better. He doesn't control it as well as he should to really be a top-flight NFL quarterback, but that can change."

I'm not a big Phil Simms fan, but that sounds about as accurate a read as you can have on Tebow. And Simms is certainly not getting blinded by the hype. It probably ticks Simms off to hear people say that the kid can be a good QB just because he is a good guy and strong leader.

In an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show (quoted on PFT), Simms is quoted as saying:

"He's going to make it in the NFL as a quarterback. Somebody will take him," Simms said. "I think it's a pretty tough road ahead. I think he has to make some changes as far as how he throws if he wants to be a successful NFL quarterback."

(PFT) Simms takes issue with those who think Tebow can succeed simply because he has the character and leadership of a successful quarterback. Simms says character and leadership aren't nearly as important as the ability to throw the football. And Simms questions whether Tebow has that ability.

"It's about the arm," Simms said. "It's about the arm. Let's just get over that. . . . It's not a powerful arm, by no means. It's not quick. He's just really got to control the football better. He doesn't control it as well as he should to really be a top-flight NFL quarterback, but that can change."

Late round pick is what all this says to me.

I'm not a big Phil Simms fan, but that sounds about as accurate a read as you can have on Tebow. And Simms is certainly not getting blinded by the hype. It probably ticks Simms off to hear people say that the kid can be a good QB just because he is a good guy and strong leader.

plus he has gone through all of this pretty recently with his son.

Tebow needs to change the way he throws the ball to even have a prayer in the NFL, IMO.

No one need respond to this.

I"m just putting it out there so that it doesn't get lost in another thread like the one where Belichick comments on Tebow.

Think of this thread as a public service.

It's been a hot topic, here's another viewpoint. That is all. Of course if someone wants to thank me for posting this, that's cool too.