What's the best weather site?

bbb

I have weather.com on my bookmarks toolbar, but I can never figure out how much snow we are supposed to get - and in the summer, I think they pull their precip %s out of a hat..........All I want to know right now is not is it going to snow but how much snow are we going to get. Does anybody recommend a better one?

I have weather.com on my bookmarks toolbar, but I can never figure out how much snow we are supposed to get - and in the summer, I think they pull their precip %s out of a hat..........All I want to know right now is not is it going to snow but how much snow are we going to get. Does anybody recommend a better one?

I always use weather.gov at home. At my job, we used weatherunderground.com because it has storm tracks (I worked at a country club). Weather.gov is usually pretty accurate, and I'm not disappointed.

weather underground

I don't know where you live bbb? But a good rule of thumb for the Great Lakes during the late fall and winter is to look at the weather map:

Current Surface

One can usually tell what is going to happen about a week early... Usually takes a little looking at and one can't really predict how fast systems are going to move (that is for computer models to figure out), but one can get a general idea and hence especially snow for the region. Also look at where the jet stream in predicted.

Remember the snowstorm in BFLO/WNY around Christmas 10 or so years ago? That low stalled right over the Soo (Sault Ste. Marie, MI)...

Usually it is a bad sign when you see the lows "hooking" ("Panhandle Hook") from the middle of the country toward the upper Ohio Valley.

Remember lows go COUNTERclockwise, highs go CLOCKwise in the northern hemisphere. That means if say a low track through the upper midwest and heads into Sountern Ontario... The winds the low brings will funnel right across the lakes. Also the weather behind it. Right now there are three highs behinds. Notice the isobars and one can tell where the troughs and ridges will be.

I am really surprised they weren't calling this last Saturday when I was calling this... I think they were... Things changed a little and we got more of mixed precip where I live... But the last day the bottom fell out, got a little snow and the cold and wind came as planned.

This above is really the method to my madness... I don't need no fancy computer model (well maybe to an extent I need the surface models and maps)... :ph34r: