We had two tornadoes today

Simon

One about 4 miles from my house, the other about 10 miles.

It is almost the middle of December, right?

When I lived in Raleigh, NC 20-something years ago, we got hit around Thanksgiving with about what was reported a half dozen twisters that hit all around the northern part of the county. An unusually warm November night met some really cold air, and all hell broke loose. And while they're menacing beasts, they can cause some bizarre damage.

Guest dog14787
way different neighborhood

several counties away

Wow, that's crazy this time of the year, I'm a little north of Erie, PA here and they say we could get 50+ mile an hour gusts , hefty amounts of snow, (Blizzard conditions) with thunder mixed in which is always fun.

Just when we thought old man winter forgot about us, he's here and he's pissed off... :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
a little north of Erie, PA is in Lake Erie :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: make that south of Erie

So much for all the snow, little change in wind direction and the suns shining here.

Buffalo is getting hammered.

One about 4 miles from my house, the other about 10 miles.

It is almost the middle of December, right?

I remember the 1985 Albion tornadoes. A worker of mine was traveling up along the Allegheny to go to his hunting camp in Tionesta when it hit.

Traffic was halted, and he dropped down onto the floor of his Chev pick-up he owned at the time. The fallen trees blocked them all in - he told me that when he got out of his truck, debris was falling from the sky. He recollected to me, a sneaker hitting his truck.

SW Ohio is a hotbed - 4 or 5 times a year, we hunker down in the basement. Only fools don't purchase a weather alert radio...

Wow, that's crazy this time of the year, I'm a little north of Erie, PA here and they say we could get 50+ mile an hour gusts , hefty amounts of snow, (Blizzard conditions) with thunder mixed in which is always fun.

Just when we thought old man winter forgot about us, he's here and he's pissed off... :ph34r:

Hey, I warned you... Why I bumped the other thread.

"Watch, BFLO gets pounded with snow mid to later next week!

There is a second low pressure system that is coming in and will hook around the western Great Lakes and track through Michigan and into Ontario... If all goes as planned".

"Swami can't tell. That second low is gonna pack more wind so the possibility will be blowing snow. If that low enters S.ONT, should surely bring some lake effect."

"Probably worst will be over by next Sunday... YET... There are three blasts coming... The first snow (little) will fly in my neck of the woods (N. IL) by tommorrow night, early monday."

"I just have a gut feeling that snow is a coming! Hey, don't blame me if everybody is hitting Wegman's at the last second!"

I said last Saturday that the low would "hook" and head into Southern Ontario, through Michigan... That usually spells disaster... JUST HOPE IT DOESN'T STALL. Probably won't, since there is high building in the middle of the country. Should be quite a second half of the weekend for the Great Lakes and adjacent regions.

"Whether or not we are gonna have weather."

Everybody should have seen this system (especially the ones alee of the Lakes) coming clearer than the side of the barn.

I made sure my outdoor Christmas decorations were up last weekend.

Oh, not quite sure how the new week should pan out, but there might be another "hook" heading... There is a low in the panhandle region (OK and TX) sandwiched bewtween two highs... I am sure glad that I live slightly windward of Lake Michigan, it is brightly sunny right now. I can see a bit of a squall line to the east... NorthEast Indiana should be getting a little lake effect... But not as bad as the rest of the lakes seeing that the double barrel lows are situated with one below the Hudson Bay and the other heading into the Maritimes.