• Kelly
    • Phyllis
    • Angela
    • Meredith
    • Pam
    • Erin
    • Jan
    • Karen

I enjoy the episode where Jim is working in Stamford and they are all playing Call of Duty for team building. The boss calls Jim and Andy into the conference room and says something like, "this isn't working out, we need a strategy." Jim thinks he's talking about sales, but he's really talking about Call of Duty.

:ph34r:

"Saboteur! Saboteur! I'm gonna kill you for real! This game... the game is over, I'm *really* going to shoot you!"

With regards to Creed and some other minor characters, I think the Office has created a unique way to give them all great one-liners through the use of the "documentary camera." It's the perfect opportunity for Creed to drop that line like you just mentioned or the one about how he steals all the time, without it feeling forced. Brilliant show.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All great choices. Hard to find a miss.

That's why I love his character....he's a tragic figure socially, but he's a sales genius!

Being a sales genius is the only thing that keeps him with the company. All the big wigs are offended by him at one time or another but he's so successful they can't fire him. :lol:

what's different about you... :D you look worse

Thanks for that. :ph34r:

I guess it's a testament to how well acted the shows are because to see them slip out of character is really weird.

Creed and Merideth's ability to always steal a scene along with their justaboutright usage make them the winners for me. As far as favorite episode, I'd prolly have to say any season 2 epi would do although the epi where Jim starts off by imitating Dwight may be a more precise choice.

Beets.Bears.Battlestar Galactica

"JIM, identity theft is a serious thing!! It causes a lot of problems for..." :lol:

I love when Meredith asks Jim to sign her cast. :o

I had to vote for Kevin for male characters. He had a line I saw last night on a rerun (paraphrasing here): "I kind of have experience in TV commercials.... when I was a kid, they used to call me Kool Aid Man."

;)Set a new "at home" record for beer spitting distance when he said that.

For the women, I voted for Karen . Yes, I approve of her... she too would get "the treatment." :death:

:lol:

My favorite episode has to be when everyone realizes that Michael is wearing a woman's suit....

Lady Suit Clip

I just saw that the other day. :(

I'm a Dwight Shrute/Kelly Kapur person, myself....I've seen every episode of this show and still find it hilarious. It's the most consistently humorous show on TV, IMO. It's a perfect blend of witty and immature humor, which is exactly my style.

I have to go, now....my nipples are chafing

:lol:

Agreed on Dwight/Kelly.... both actors are brilliant.

I have only seen them on DVD (almost done with the 5th season), because I was, initially, a "British version only" snob. I loved the Gervais show, and watched the first couple of the American shows, and thought, while being almost note for note the same as the original Brit version, they were not very funny. But, folks whose opinion I trust on these kind of matters, insisted that the American version was very good... then, someone baught me the first two seasons on DVD, for Christmas, a few years ago, and I have been playing catch up ever since.

It is hard to pick a "best episode" for me, as, much as I love them all, they kind of run into one another. I will say, pretty much any time Michael Scott is addressing the group in the conference room, I am laughing my ass off....I also love the whole hate thing that Michael has for Toby, and HR people. In my most recent job, as a manager, I had a similar leeriness of HR folks, so I got a kick out of it... Dwight and Angela are hilarious together as well....I actually find Jim/Pam (the characters we are supposed to empathize with) to be the least interesting on the show, particularly when they are together in scenes...but overall, still love the show.

I guess, if I had to pick one episode, it would be the dinner party episode, at Michael and Jan's house.

What I loved about the British show was the subtlety of the characters... Rickey Gervais, as David Brent, was just amazing at walking the tight rope of being an unbelievable bafoon, and yet, sympathetic. The US show is a little broader, but is still, so damn well written, there is never a "bad" episode, IMO...

Dwight Schrute hands down. I'll take Pam as my favorite female. If we were talking "would ya" my choice would be Jan.

There are so many hilarious episodes that it's hard to single one out. I would say "Business School" comes to mind though. - Ryan asks Michael to speak for his class and Dwight lets a bat into the office.

for anyone interested in catching the British version, they play episodes during the Friday Night Adult Swim lineup on Cartoon Network. They had the 2 hour Xmas special on this weekend, Gervais really is the king of cringe.

It is not on this coming week (12/18) but returns on Christmas and goes from there.

Friday nights at Midnight!

The US show is a little broader, but is still, so damn well written, there is never a "bad" episode, IMO...

I've heard some people say that the show has sucked the last couple years, but honestly I totally agree with what you said here...I don't recall ever seeing an episode that I didn't enjoy, or where I thought "wow, this show has lost it". I've laughed consistently throughout each season, and I still look forward to the show each week now as much as I ever did before.

I've heard some people say that the show has sucked the last couple years, but honestly I totally agree with what you said here...I don't recall ever seeing an episode that I didn't enjoy, or where I thought "wow, this show has lost it". I've laughed consistently throughout each season, and I still look forward to the show each week now as much as I ever did before.

I'm one of those people. Everything, from the storyline to the acting, just seems to have gotten stale to me. It certainly still has it's moments, but for me it's just not the same anymore.

Anyway, looks like it's done.

DAMMIT, man...wtf? How can they just end the show like that?? It's creative and all, but that sucks!

It's been bothering me all morning since I read that, but at least one article seems to contradict it.

being the contrarian that i am, Steely, and hey, what would you think of me if i wasn't, i actually prefer the original version of the Office broadcast on BBC. Gervais was far more hilarious as the boss, and the dweebish character now played by Rainn Wilson was a far bigger loser geek, particularly with his pasty white face and horrible haircut.

but that's me.

as for the U.S. version, Kevin's my favorite.

jw

Great show.

IMHO, it has not "Jumped the Shark"

Well it appears that the jump the shark website is now under the control of TV Guide and is a completely different site.

DAMMIT, man...wtf? How can they just end the show like that?? It's creative and all, but that sucks!

It's been bothering me all morning since I read that, but at least one article seems to contradict it.

You do know that is a joke article in The Onion, right. :wallbash:

Dammit, man, stop it! I clicked on your link and realized it too late. I was going to chastise you for the Onion article, but realized that you got the joke. :wallbash:

being the contrarian that i am, Steely, and hey, what would you think of me if i wasn't, i actually prefer the original version of the Office broadcast on BBC. Gervais was far more hilarious as the boss, and the dweebish character now played by Rainn Wilson was a far bigger loser geek, particularly with his pasty white face and horrible haircut.

but that's me.

as for the U.S. version, Kevin's my favorite.

jw

While I prefer the British show too, I give them credit. After the first five of six episodes, the American version started to take on its' own identity. The British show ran, in its' entirety, about 14 episodes. The US version has to be about 100 episodes old by now. I think it is safe to think of them as two separate, and great, shows. Gervais is amazing on The Office (as he was on Extras as well), but Corell has done a nice job as the American counterpart to David Brent... and as much as I loved Garreth, Rian Wilson has created one of the great characters/cultural icons of this decade. He is this decades Mr Spock...right behind Tony Soprano, in my book, as the most compelling characters on American television.