• Phyllis
    • Angela
    • Meredith
    • Pam
    • Erin
    • Jan
    • Karen

These are my opinions only;

For the men I like Jim. He is trapped in an absurd situation and knows it. He uses that absurdity to amuse himself at the expense of the others in the office. Runner up is Dwight. Rainn Wilson does such a great job with his character.

Honorable mention to Stanley. Like Jim he realizes how absurd things around him are but he's too burned out to have any fun with it.

For the women I'm going to go with the obvious Pam. Not due to hotness but like Jim she seems to "get" the absurdity around her and actively participates in Jim's diversions. Runner up is Kelly.

Honorable mention to Meredith. The casual Friday episode is her funniest stuff.

I have only been watching repeats on TBS for awhile now so I don't have the full catalog to pull from but I'm going to say, and this is tough, the one where Dwight trains Ryan. Runner up is putting Prince Paper out of business after they treat him so well.

Honorable mention to the Casual Friday episode.

The show has one of the best cast of characters I've seen yet.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Kevin, because when they actually give him the chance he is hilarious, my favorite would have to be when Holly is brought into the office, and she gets told Kevin is mentally challenged, and the way he responds to everything just makes me laugh

For the females I voted Meredith, she just is so off the wall with her humor, it always gets me to laugh out loud. The others would be Jim and Pam as well.

The episodes where Michael and Dwight team-up for some ridiculous reason/mission are the funniest IMO. I think they are the two funniest hands down, but there has never been a scene with Andy that I haven't laughed about. They need to write him back into a bigger role like when he was engaged to Angela.

Women...eh. Meredith creates some hilarious moments (Rehab and 'Sex with a Terrorist' come to mind). Angela can be hilarious too.

Re: Jim and Pam...I'll say that I'm beginning to dislike both of them very much. With Jim being a boss now, all of the goofy things he used to do to make the character funny are gone. They've stripped him of the main reason he was likable. Pam too has just been unfunny and bitchy. Nothing like the way the show used to be when Jim was a salesman and she was the secretary.

The funniest episode I ever saw was the one where Jim and Pam went to Dwight's Beet Farm for an overnight stay. His crazy cousin Mose and everything else was just too much.

The Christmas episode a few years ago at the Benihana was also great. As was the one when Dwight betrayed Michael and tried to get Jan to give him his job.

Still the funniest show on TV, IMO...

The episodes where Michael and Dwight team-up for some ridiculous reason/mission are the funniest IMO. I think they are the two funniest hands down, but there has never been a scene with Andy that I haven't laughed about. They need to write him back into a bigger role like when he was engaged to Angela.

Women...eh. Meredith creates some hilarious moments (Rehab and 'Sex with a Terrorist' come to mind). Angela can be hilarious too.

Re: Jim and Pam...I'll say that I'm beginning to dislike both of them very much. With Jim being a boss now, all of the goofy things he used to do to make the character funny are gone. They've stripped him of the main reason he was likable. Pam too has just been unfunny and bitchy. Nothing like the way the show used to be when Jim was a salesman and she was the secretary.

The funniest episode I ever saw was the one where Jim and Pam went to Dwight's Beet Farm for an overnight stay. His crazy cousin Mose and everything else was just too much.

The Christmas episode a few years ago at the Benihana was also great. As was the one when Dwight betrayed Michael and tried to get Jan to give him his job.

Still the funniest show on TV, IMO...

When Jim throws Andy's cell phone in the ceiling is classic. "MAYBE YOUR IN THE CEILING!!!" :censored:

Some other great lines;

"You're exotic. Was your father a GI?"

"A three ounce fetus is calling the shots, it's so badass!"

"All morning I look forward to my afternoon cigars and I am not stopping for anybody."

Dwight used to be my favorite male character. Yet this season Andy's replaced him. As Andy stole the whole Jim/Pam wedding episode for me. In terms of female characters, Angela got my vote but had she been listed I might have voted for Kelly 2 er Erin. In terms of episode Diversity Day remains a personal favorite.

I'm a Dwight Shrute/Kelly Kapur person, myself....I've seen every episode of this show and still find it hilarious. It's the most consistently humorous show on TV, IMO. It's a perfect blend of witty and immature humor, which is exactly my style.

I have to go, now....my nipples are chafing

:censored:

Dwight used to be my favorite male character. Yet this season Andy's replaced him. As Andy stole the whole Jim/Pam wedding episode for me. In terms of female characters, Angela got my vote but had she been listed I might have voted for Kelly 2 er Erin. In terms of episode Diversity Day remains a personal favorite.

They ran that the other day. I love how Michael makes them stick stereotyped peoples to their foreheads and then have the others make stereotypical comments to determine who they are. I love how Stanley got "Black".

I feel so bad for Michael most of the time he's trying to help and ends up being hurt by his own lack of social skills. :lol:

BTW, tore his scrotum?! :censored:

I feel so bad for Michael most of the time he's trying to help and ends up being hurt by his own lack of social skills. :censored:

That's why I love his character....he's a tragic figure socially, but he's a sales genius!

just a bit if trivia fyi, but both Ryan and Kelly are Writers/Producers of the show in real life.

and if you like (or can understand/translate) British humor, you reeeeally need to check out the original series. ricky gervais is great in it.

The British show was good and I think Ricky Gervais is better than Steve Carrell, but I enjoy the American version more now now that the American version has found its own voice.

Andy and Dwight are the funniest While Jim is the straight man to the two. Michael Scott is hilarious as well. My favorite of the bunch is Dwight (Although Andy is a very close second BUT Dwight is still tops).

Favorite female I would say Pam but none of the women are all that funny (Kelly has her moments and Angela does too) at least compared to the guys.

Best episode (Its hard to pick) but I would have to say the episode where Jim and Pam stay at Dwights bed and breakfast.

A better question to be asked is what show is better the American or British office. I think that the American office is funnier BUT that the British office (Keep in mind only 12 episodes plus and X-mas special) had better characters and much more development. I think that the British office was much better at being a serious commentary on office life and society. Its hard to say which one is better because I enjoy them differently.

Creed and Merideth's ability to always steal a scene along with their justaboutright usage make them the winners for me. As far as favorite episode, I'd prolly have to say any season 2 epi would do although the epi where Jim starts off by imitating Dwight may be a more precise choice.

Beets.Bears.Battlestar Galactica

I had to vote for Kevin for male characters. He had a line I saw last night on a rerun (paraphrasing here): "I kind of have experience in TV commercials.... when I was a kid, they used to call me Kool Aid Man."

:thumbsup: Set a new "at home" record for beer spitting distance when he said that.

For the women, I voted for Karen . Yes, I approve of her... she too would get "the treatment." :thumbsup:

I said Dwight and Erin. Dwight is one of the great characters in TV history, for me anyway. I put him up there with Kramer, Rev. Jim, and Homer Simpson/Peter Griffin. I like Erin now because she's taken that role of the innocent "what-the-heck-is-going-on-here?" girl that Pam used to play. Also she in a legendary College Humor video called b-job girl, so whenever she appears on screen I say "Hey, b-job girl!" and that always makes me smile. Always.

Really difficult to pick one episode, so off the top of my head I'll go with "Night Out".

"I'll have a Midori Sour and an order of chicken fingers."

Do yourself a favor and watch the British versions. Ricky Gervais is far and away the king of cringe. His second series "Extras" was great, but for different reasons. The celebrities would be the ones acting weird, making him uncomfortable.

I enjoy the episode where Jim is working in Stamford and they are all playing Call of Duty for team building. The boss calls Jim and Andy into the conference room and says something like, "this isn't working out, we need a strategy." Jim thinks he's talking about sales, but he's really talking about Call of Duty.

some good quotes:

Creed: I'm not offended by homosexuality. In the 60's, I made love to many, many women. Often outdoors... in the mud and the rain. And it's possible a man slipped in. There would be no way of knowing.

Michael Scott: Yeah, I went hunting once. Shot a deer in the leg. Had to kill it with a shovel. Took about an hour. Why do you ask?

Michael Scott: I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.

Michael Scott: You may look around, and see two groups here. White collar, blue collar. But I don't see it that way. You know why not? Because I am collar-blind.