Where Have All the Lefties Gone?

Chef Jim

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uuuh...you honestly think I was threatening you...with my dad...on a messAge board?

Well seeing my dad is a skinny 81 year old who couldn't beat the **** out of anyone (other than in the kitchen or on the ski slope) and you mentioned how big your dad was it sure didn't come across as sarcastic. And seeing you got pissed I brought your dad into the conversation I'd say yes.

Well seeing my dad is a skinny 81 year old who couldn't beat the **** out of anyone (other than in the kitchen or on the ski slope) and you mentioned how big your dad was it sure didn't come across as sarcastic. And seeing you got pissed I brought your dad into the conversation I'd say yes.

then you and anchor Jim can take up arms against my English degree.

So SORRY you couldn't detect my sarcasm!

For the record, my old man is 6'5" 260. He's a bona fide ass kicker.

And he would NEVER say "My business is my life. It's everything I have."

Let's stop the back-tracking now, please.

Jesus, you're such a tool.

My business is my life. It's affords me the kind of living most people would kill for.

My office is directly below my son's bedroom, and when he wakes up in the morning, he calls for me to go up and snuggle with him in his bed and talk about the day ahead before we pretend we're spies trying to sneak into his mom's bed and snuggle with her for a while. It affords the chance to be at every little event at his school, as well as playing with him every day and having dinner with him every night before I help put him to bed every night. It affords my wife the ability to not have to work so she can focus on raising him while also volunteering some time in the community to help others. It affords us the chance to play hooky and spend the morning at Disney, or pick him up after school for an unexpected trip to Baskin Robbins, or read him stories every night, and take nice vacations, and always, always, always have the time to focus on my marriage and my son.

It does the exact same thing for every one of my employees.

Take away my business and I'm probably back to one of my old sales jobs, sitting in traffic every morning and night, or on an airplane en route to some other state for a few days to call on accounts. Leaving before he's done with breakfast and getting home in time to kiss him goodnight. Not being around to help my wife through her busier days. And all the while working at the whim of some guy who could give a crap about any of that.

Its my life. It's everything I have. You'd be lucky to come even remotely close to it in this lifetime.

Jesus, you're such a tool.

My business is my life. It's affords me the kind of living most people would kill for.

My office is directly below my son's bedroom, and when he wakes up in the morning, he calls for me to go up and snuggle with him in his bed and talk about the day ahead before we pretend we're spies trying to sneak into his mom's bed and snuggle with her for a while. It affords the chance to be at every little event at his school, as well as playing with him every day and having dinner with him every night before I help put him to bed every night. It affords my wife the ability to not have to work so she can focus on raising him while also volunteering some time in the community to help others. It affords us the chance to play hooky and spend the morning at Disney, or pick him up after school for an unexpected trip to Baskin Robbins, or read him stories every night, and take nice vacations, and always, always, always have the time to focus on my marriage and my son.

It does the exact same thing for every one of my employees.

Take away my business and I'm probably back to one of my old sales jobs, sitting in traffic every morning and night, or on an airplane en route to some other state for a few days to call on accounts. Leaving before he's done with breakfast and getting home in time to kiss him goodnight. Not being around to help my wife through her busier days. And all the while working at the whim of some guy who could give a crap about any of that.

Its my life. It's everything I have. You'd be lucky to come even remotely close to it in this lifetime.

Lucky? No. Fortunate, yes.

Having your words parsed for the sake of an argument is no fun, is it?

Jesus, you're such a tool.My business is my life. It's affords me the kind of living most people would kill for. My office is directly below my son's bedroom, and when he wakes up in the morning, he calls for me to go up and snuggle with him in his bed and talk about the day ahead before we pretend we're spies trying to sneak into his mom's bed and snuggle with her for a while. It affords the chance to be at every little event at his school, as well as playing with him every day and having dinner with him every night before I help put him to bed every night. It affords my wife the ability to not have to work so she can focus on raising him while also volunteering some time in the community to help others. It affords us the chance to play hooky and spend the morning at Disney, or pick him up after school for an unexpected trip to Baskin Robbins, or read him stories every night, and take nice vacations, and always, always, always have the time to focus on my marriage and my son.It does the exact same thing for every one of my employees.Take away my business and I'm probably back to one of my old sales jobs, sitting in traffic every morning and night, or on an airplane en route to some other state for a few days to call on accounts. Leaving before he's done with breakfast and getting home in time to kiss him goodnight. Not being around to help my wife through her busier days. And all the while working at the whim of some guy who could give a crap about any of that.Its my life. It's everything I have. You'd be lucky to come even remotely close to it in this lifetime.
I feel like Mr Pink in Reservoir Dogs...getting my smallest violin ready.

I got news for ya, chicky. My business is my life. It's everything I have. When I watch a moron like Obama spending us into oblivion while pissing on the free market every chance he gets, you bet you're ass I'm pessimistic, and it's not because I'm a conservative. It's because I have people on my payroll who have families they support with the money they earn from my company, with health care I provide to every freaking one of them on my freaking dime. I don't need a kool-aid-drinking blind-as-a-bat cubicle-dweller to simply repeat what your president says a million times about small business owners like me.

We don't care about small business people like you that only employ a handful of people. We only care about BIG employers that will hire us out of the recession. You know, like Microsoft and WalMart.

And then when everything is going great again, we can go back to whining about 'evil corporations' that are driving out the small businessman and being outraged by 'record profits'.

:lol:

I might be around a little more . I and several others got banned from the conservative site I am on because we dared to show proof that the creationists there were full of s**t. The owner of the site banned us and put up an manifesto where all the kooks came out of the woodwork to kiss his ass. The cretins couldn't distinguish between the criticism of "creation science" (a real oxymoron) and criticism of their faith.

I might be around a little more . I and several others got banned from the conservative site I am on because we dared to show proof that the creationists there were full of s**t. The owner of the site banned us and put up an manifesto where all the kooks came out of the woodwork to kiss his ass. The cretins couldn't distinguish between the criticism of "creation science" (a real oxymoron) and criticism of their faith.

Haha... this was easily my favorite post in the thread