Where Have All the Lefties Gone?

Chef Jim

And how many businesses does he own, pray tell? One?

My company is hiring. IBM is hiring, and they gave raises and bonuses. Xerox is hiring. Microsoft is hiring.

Are you a liar or do you just pull **** out of your ass hoping that it sticks?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting note: the state of California last month started holding back an extra 10% from every single paycheck in the state to help them get through the year, with the understanding that we'll get it back on our tax returns next year.

That's right. They took our money...interest free, without our permission...with a plan to give it back sometime next year.

Unbelievable.

Awful!!!!!

It's amazing how committed voters in CA are to the left agenda and the left candidates while their state's financial foundation crumbles under their feet and in front of their eyes.

Wow, you make it sound like unemployment should be at 3% next month.

I got news for ya, chicky. My business is my life. It's everything I have. When I watch a moron like Obama spending us into oblivion while pissing on the free market every chance he gets, you bet you're ass I'm pessimistic, and it's not because I'm a conservative. It's because I have people on my payroll who have families they support with the money they earn from my company, with health care I provide to every freaking one of them on my freaking dime. I don't need a kool-aid-drinking blind-as-a-bat cubicle-dweller to simply repeat what your president says a million times about small business owners like me.

"They're wingnuts. Of course they're pessimistic. That's the hallmark of a wingnut."

I swear, reading your mindless drivel really helps me understand why some mother animals eat their young.

Its nice to see that some people in seats of power actually still have a consicence. Congrats

Bummer?

I'd imagine that is a bummer

Dude spent a large portion of his life building something up that was productive. And then he saw the government step in to claim an ever increasing portion of his life's work

I'd be bummed out too. I'd rather see my life's work rewarded to myself, my family, my heirs, and those who helped me achieve success

I'd imagine that is a bummer

Dude spent a large portion of his life building something up that was productive. And then he saw the government step in to claim an ever increasing portion of his life's work

I'd be bummed out too. I'd rather see my life's work rewarded to myself, my family, my heirs, and those who helped me achieve success

I meant the part about not having a life outside a business, as one could easily infer by the quote.

But as far as I can tell, the doom upon his business, family, heirs, humanity, et al remains speculative at this point.

Please clarify.

OK. Let's say our objective is to create jobs and that we're willing to spend some taxpayer dollars but only if there is a return on the investment. We do a little math and we estimate that on average an unemployed worker will need 39 weeks to find a new job in the current job market. Let's also say that each unemployed worker will draw on average $16,000 in benefits during that time. What if we provided an incentive to businesses of $12,000 for each new employee hired (increase in headcount only) . Said employees must be individuals who are currently on unemployment and must stay in the job for some length of time (say 2 years) in order to qualify for the employer bonus. You can move the numbers around but you get the point. The Fed and states would have to have a formula to pass the funds back and forth.

What would be the impact?

Employers in a position (or on the fence) to hire additional people would have a good reason to do so. They might focus on hiring those out of work. The newly hired people would no longer be drawing taxpayer funded checks. The newly hired people would be paying taxes. The Dems would be geniuses for coming up with something like this (they would never support it if a Republican proposed it). The Dems could actually count how many jobs something like this created instead of publishing false reports as they have. The Dems could get re-elected too. This is the type of program I would have expected from a "stimulus program". No, this alone would not be enough, but with some thinking you could probably fill several pages with GOOD ideas. Things that have a chance to work and provide a return on the taxpayer investment.

No, instead YOUR party threw billions at random low priority projects, pig shyt research, enlarging unneeded government agencies, taxpayer funded mortgage bailouts for people with NO JOBS, etc.... No incentives for hiring. So what do we have. A big taxpayer bill that we can't pay and high sustained unemployment.

The American Reinvestment and Recovery Act is an ugly, smelly, ineffective and expensive turd.

I meant the part about not having a life outside a business, as one could easily infer by the quote.

But as far as I can tell, the doom upon his business, family, heirs, humanity, et al remains speculative at this point.

You're so cool.

OK. Let's say our objective is to create jobs and that we're willing to spend some taxpayer dollars but only if there is a return on the investment. We do a little math and we estimate that on average an unemployed worker will need 39 weeks to find a new job in the current job market. Let's also say that each unemployed worker will draw on average $16,000 in benefits during that time. What if we provided an incentive to businesses of $12,000 for each new employee hired (increase in headcount only) . Said employees must be individuals who are currently on unemployment and must stay in the job for some length of time (say 2 years) in order to qualify for the employer bonus. You can move the numbers around but you get the point. The Fed and states would have to have a formula to pass the funds back and forth.

What would be the impact?

Employers in a position (or on the fence) to hire additional people would have a good reason to do so. They might focus on hiring those out of work. The newly hired people would no longer be drawing taxpayer funded checks. The newly hired people would be paying taxes. The Dems would be geniuses for coming up with something like this (they would never support it if a Republican proposed it). The Dems could actually count how many jobs something like this created instead of publishing false reports as they have. The Dems could get re-elected too. This is the type of program I would have expected from a "stimulus program". No, this alone would not be enough, but with some thinking you could probably fill several pages with GOOD ideas. Things that have a chance to work and provide a return on the taxpayer investment.

No, instead YOUR party threw billions at random low priority projects, pig shyt research, enlarging unneeded government agencies, taxpayer funded mortgage bailouts for people with NO JOBS, etc.... No incentives for hiring. So what do we have. A big taxpayer bill that we can't pay and high sustained unemployment.

The American Reinvestment and Recovery Act is an ugly, smelly, ineffective and expensive turd.

First, it's not my party. But if it's about parties, what did your party do?

FWIW, I think your post is well thought out and makes some good points. May be you should make it your party. Your district need a rep?

And sometimes having a successful business means sacrificing personal life for professional interests

I'm no entrepeneur, I'm just a worker bee IT guy. But I do know that part of a successful enterprise involves being willing to work later than a standard 8-4 business day - On duty, off duty, on a hot date, or even intra-coitus. When that phone rings, you're on call

And sometimes having a successful business means sacrificing personal life for professional interests

I'm no entrepeneur, I'm just a worker bee IT guy. But I do know that part of a successful enterprise involves being willing to work later than a standard 8-4 business day - On duty, off duty, on a hot date, or even intra-coitus. When that phone rings, you're on call

Intra?

Just to add to your well thought out point, here is a study done by the NFIB, not that any of the liberal locotoads would know who they are, but none the less here it is.

the highlights:

"In the current environment, an employer mandate could wipe out 1.6 million jobs in just five years and reduce the GDP by around $200 billion," said NFIB Senior Research Fellow William "Denny" Dennis. "This research should alarm everyone about the consequences of costly mandates to small businesses. It is essential that our leaders take into account the drastic impact a mandate like this would have on the livelihood of small businesses and families in local communities."

Of the more than 1.6 million jobs lost between 2009 and 2013, small businesses would account for more than 1 million, 66 percent, of all jobs lost.

U.S. real GDP would contract by approximately $200 billion between 2009 and 2013.

Small businesses would lose roughly $113 billion in real output and account for 56 percent of all real output lost.

Labor intensive industries (e.g. construction or restaurant) and businesses with 20 – 99 employees would experience the most job loss.

"In our current economic environment, it is so important that we stimulate and support our country's job creators – small businesses. Enacting healthcare reforms that fail to address rising costs, and place unmanageable burdens on business, is not a viable pathway for meaningful reform," said Todd Stottlemyer, president and CEO, NFIB. "It is important that reform fosters growth and doesn't place undue burdens or new financial pressures on these small employers."

If the AMA, AARP, PHARMA, Health insurance companies are lobbying for or against health reform, it is quite obvious that they have a clear motive.

But let me ask you this, what is the motive of the NFIB and Chamber of Commerce who represent small businesses for opposing this health reform bill?

You know it interesting when they had their run of bitching about the Bush administration the right put up a fight and was here regularly here. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's become cricket city. They're showing the true wusses that they are.

Still here, still read PPP... still do not like the republican party and what Bush did for eight years while in office. He sucked. :lol::wacko:

And how many businesses does he own, pray tell? One?

My company is hiring. IBM is hiring, and they gave raises and bonuses. Xerox is hiring. Microsoft is hiring.

If the people you are referring to are wingnuts like you and LAB, of course they're pessimistic. That's the hallmark of the wingnut.

I am neither optimistic or pessimistic. I am realistic. Assuming that the economy is starting to recover, as it improves jobs will follow. Anyone who things that one or two positive signs should trigger massive hiring is a freaking idiot and any company that did so would have some 'splaining to do to stockholders / stakeholders.

That's the hallmark of a zombie. You're not realistic. You see life through your own distorted lenses - just like everyone else.

Cheers to guys like LAB who have the guts and determination to strike out on their own to try to grab a piece of the American dream. He's in a pantheon of entrepreneurs that made this country the economic giant that it is. It includes the likes of George Eastman, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and thousands of others. The big evil corporations didn't spring forth full grown out the the government's ass. They all started with a single person or small team that had a dream and a vision. But a zombie like you couldn't recognize the value in that.

OCInBuffalo has a similar problem AND is on ignore (which is kind of nice actually).

Hmmm...why does he keep bringing this up? This is the third thread now that he has talked about ignoring me...if you are ignoring...why would you keep talking about it?

No government involvement here. Our company provides web-based workflow and management software for the healthcare industry.

Ahhh...this is interesting....when he ignored me, it was because I directly challenged him on his understanding of methodology :wacko:

For the uninitiated, deploying "Workflow" itself is done using a methodology, and highly dependent on the design and implementation methodology of the OLTP system you choose to employ.

Workflow is basically defined as a system that studies users' use, mistaken or correct, speed, etc., of a system, projected against a set of business rules, producing events/reports/data for analytical use. Its main purpose is to provide management with real time information on where the users "are"(training, ability, exception management) in their use of system as a function of where they are in the completion of a business process compared against expectation(time/some other standard).

Not with our business. We deal with clinical trials sites and private practice clinics. '

These systems are not Workflow systems. Who's the amateur again? In fact, misuse of the word Workflow(and other well defined IT constructs, concepts and systems) is RAMPANT in health care software and among the J.V. people that work at these companies. And, this tool just did it right in front of you. I warned him not to play the "intellectual", and this is why.

Also, these systems are almost guaranteed NOT to have REAL workflow components or systems in place. These systems are transactional in nature, strictly defined as OLTP systems, and do the business of recording completion of the business process, not tracking the active use of the users.

Yes amateur hour indeed. Laughable. And this is supposed to be what this guy does for a living? These are the people that have created the awful health care systems that my group has to fix/rip out/integrate over/encapsulate/slowly deprecate every day... :lol: And they dare ask the Feds for more money to build systems they themselves don't even know how to define, much less design properly? These amateurs have no business in my business.

So, no wonders coward-boy has me on ignore. He knew I would take his ass to the wood shed on these issues, just as I have here. Ignore is his lame attempt to avoid that beating. He is fond of making light of me being a Fortune 500 project manager(ex...I run my own outfit now). Well, this is what happens when J.V. Gene goes up against the Varsity. And to think, if he hadn't brought it up over and over, I wouldn't have noticed....<_<

When you own a business you have a life outside of it but it's always on your mind. How to make it better, grow it, protect it etc, etc. But I can understand why you don't get that. You want things handed to people. :lol: