How not to use the bold-face when quoting

At least a couple ways to do this.

Way 1:

(1) Paste the article text you're lifting into the post box.

(2) Highlight the text you want to quote.

(3) Up above the post box in the formatting bar with the bold, underline, etc., is a little bubble that looks like it could arise from Charlie Brown's mouth. Click on that.

This puts two html tags around your quoted section, one is "quote" within square brackets. The other is "/quote" within square brackets.

Way 2:

(1) Before the text you want to quote, insert "[qu0te]" with an o for the 0.

(2) After the text you want to quote, type "[/qu0te]" with an o for the 0.

Why is this important? As a both readers and writers know, most people skip the quoted portion of any article, or in this case post. Moreover, the discerning reader gets rather annoyed by font gimmicks like ALL CAPS and boldface type. Thus, the block quote is a nice flag to the reader to "skip me" and not also offensive. As an addendum, your reader will highly appreciate it if you paraphrase anything you block quote.

This post brought to you by Arrogant-Posters-R-Us where our business is to throw stones but ignore those thrown back at us. Serving you here at TBD since 1996-7.

Way 1:

(3) Up above the post box in the formatting bar with the bold, underline, etc., is a little bubble that looks like it could arise from Charlie Brown's mouth. Click on that.

This puts two html tags around your quoted section, one is "quote" within square brackets. The other is "/quote" within square brackets.

Way 2:

Why is this important? As a both readers and writers know, most people skip the quoted portion of any article, or in this case post. Moreover, the discerning reader gets rather annoyed by font gimmicks like ALL CAPS and boldface type. Thus, the block quote is a nice flag to the reader to "skip me" and not also offensive. As an addendum, your reader will highly appreciate it if you paraphrase anything you block quote.

This post brought to you by Arrogant-Posters-R-Us where our business is to throw stones but ignore those thrown back at us. Serving you here at TBD since 1996-7.

I just want to make this excruciatingly clear: he's talking to you, Magox.

Way 1:

Way 2:

In the words of an odd poster on this board

I don't get it...

Way 1:

Way 2:

Why is this important? As a both readers and writers know, most people skip the quoted portion of any article, or in this case post. Moreover, the discerning reader gets rather annoyed by font gimmicks like ALL CAPS and boldface type.
Thus, the block quote is a nice flag to the reader to "skip me" and not also offensive. As an addendum, your reader will highly appreciate it if you paraphrase anything you block quote.

Thanks for the tip.

Way 1:

Way 2:

What did I do? :censored:

Way 2:

What did I do? :censored:

You put quote tags around something already quoted.

You're getting there though. There's a nice place here called consumer digest where you can try this stuff out an no one will see your posts. Or keep messing it up here and I'm sure we'll all be patient with you.

You put quote tags around something already quoted.

You're getting there though. There's a nice place here called consumer digest where you can try this stuff out an no one will see your posts. Or keep messing it up here and I'm sure we'll all be patient with you.

This man is suffering from what is known as andropause or "male menopause." It's a frustrated state accompanied by anxiety and anger resulting from a lack of testosterone, the production of which diminishes in midlife. The term "male menopause" can also be used as an early detection method, since most men with IMS will hear this term and respond with a loud grunt while shouting about "New Age psychobabble bull ****."

The onset of this disorder is common at ages 40 to 55 but may happen as early as 35 or as late as 65. Although, a definite age is difficult to pinpoint if the male in question has been a prick their whole life

like this?

Dear Arrogant-Posters-R-Us where our business is to throw stones but ignore those thrown back at us,

I've been somewhat guilty of the practice of bolding quoted references, however I try to use the indent feature when making use of an extensive quotation. I'll include a quote from a link with an indented inclusion of the salient point below said same link. Lately I've been italicizing the content as well. My thought is to make it clear that I'm quoting from the included link.

Do I offend?

Signed, Unsure in Princeton :censored:

exempli gratia below:

Linky Thingy

"What is Google worried about? Not a better search engine, but a better advertising solution.
They stay awake wondering if Facebook or Twitter will learn to monetize
: Could people start asking their friends questions instead of searching? Could mobile phone carriers control the ads on their phones? Could a handset maker (Apple or Nokia)?"

Dear Arrogant-Posters-R-Us where our business is to throw stones but ignore those thrown back at us,

I've been somewhat guilty of the practice of bolding quoted references, however I try to use the indent feature when making use of an extensive quotation. I'll include a quote from a link with an indented inclusion of the salient point below said same link. Lately I've been italicizing the content as well. My thought is to make it clear that I'm quoting from the included link.

Do I offend?

Signed, Unsure in Princeton :censored:

exempli gratia below:

Linky Thingy

"What is Google worried about? Not a better search engine, but a better advertising solution.
They stay awake wondering if Facebook or Twitter will learn to monetize
: Could people start asking their friends questions instead of searching? Could mobile phone carriers control the ads on their phones? Could a handset maker (Apple or Nokia)?"

I'm OK with that because it's the accepted written norm and flags the area for me to ignore.