Niagara Purple Eagles Basketball

EndZoneCrew

The Purple Eagles conclude their three-game homestand on Wednesday with local rival Buffalo. Niagara owns a 58-28 advantage in the local rivalry that began in 1906-07, including winning the last two meetings. Niagara has been enjoying a recent string of success on its home floor, boasting a 31-4 mark inside the ‘Taps’ since Jan. 20, 2007. That mark includes an 80-63 victory over Buffalo during the 2007-08 season. The Purple Eagles have won seven of the last eight meetings between the other three schools in the Big 4 Rivalry.

Niagara is currently 6-3 (2-0 in MAAC play)

That is a very impressive home-run....the G.C. is a true home court advantage! Here we go NU, Here we go!!

Prediction UB 108 Niagara 3

As far as the accuracy of that prediction, I would assume that is not a score prediction but thats more likely to be the asian student population ratio between the schools

• 2 weeks later...

The Niagara men's basketball team (8-4) fell behind by 16 points at the intermission, but a 52-point second half gave NU a 77-71 victory over Little 3 Rival St. Bonaventure (6-5) in front of a sold out 'Taps' Gallagher Center crowd on Tuesday.

• 1 month later...
87-74???

I was concerned about NU going in but this is a great win!

If I lived in or near WNY I would have been there!

NU 69 Grad.

It was a great time....place was rocking.....Siena came in on a 15 game winning streak and ranked in the top 30....GO GO GO PURPLE EAGLES

It was a great time....place was rocking.....Siena came in on a 15 game winning streak and ranked in the top 30....GO GO GO PURPLE EAGLES

While it sounded loud on TV, there looked to be empty seats.