Tebow to Jags a "done deal."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got news for everyone. If the Jags want Tebow in the first round, when it comes time for the Jags to pick, he's gonna be there. No other team is stupid enough to waste a 2nd rounder on him, let alone a first. So, have at it Jags... Tim Tebow.... the second coming of Bobby Douglas, yee haaa.

Wait til you Tebow man lovers see Tebow in the Hula/Senior Bowl games... you're gonna fall in love all over again with that rocket arm with pin point accuracy and that nano second quick release.

Tebow... at the pro level? Yeah, maybe Canada.

What is the evidence of his inaccuracy? His completion %? His ints? He "looks" inaccurate?

Not the NFL but see Patrick Ewing to the Knicks.

Add to that the NHL and the original 6 teams. Montreal every year got to choose the first French Canadian player regardless of the player draft. #1 reason they won all those S-Cups up into the 70's

"There's a rumor making the rounds that a wink-nod-sneeze-fart arrangement has been made to ensure that Tebow will be on the board when the Jags pick in round one -- and that no one will trade up to get in position to draft him."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...is-a-done-deal/

Can you believe this ridiculousness?

Excellent.

Then our chances of taking Suh are improving by the moment...

Honestly, I like PFT. But since he's joined with NBC, kinda been a schmuck.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous "rumors" ever! OK, not quite as bad

as Seifert at the aiport, but darn close. Why would any NFL team be cool with

the league stepping in and giving a certain player to another team via draft?

As one of the replies stated "I started a rumor, therefore it's a rumor"

They are approaching Eklund level reporting.

Get a grip guys. He is repeating a rumor. Take it for what it is worth.

FWIW, I recall that he was one of the first (if not the first) to report that Jauron was fired. He has put together a pretty good site and has created something out of nothing with his site from West Virginia. I got to give the guy some credit. It is kind of like Kiper.

I wish I could figure out how to make money from being a fan. So far, it has only cost me money and a lot of misery.

"There's a rumor making the rounds that a wink-nod-sneeze-fart arrangement has been made to ensure that Tebow will be on the board when the Jags pick in round one -- and that no one will trade up to get in position to draft him."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...is-a-done-deal/

Can you believe this ridiculousness?

Well, this day I don't believe that agreement is in place...but, there was a time in the far past (a few decades ago) that the AFL, I think, did allow a regional pick for franchasis...to promote local interest in the pro franchaise. And the Jacksonville situation is not unlike some of the situations in the early days of the AFL. This type of move is not unheard of....just for the record...there is some prior history on such moves.

I bet this is true because it makes sense. The JacksonVille fan base is pathetic. Tebow is big in florida. It only makes sense that he Jaguars would draft him early in hopes of getting more ticket sales.

Then when they find out Tebow can't play QB in the NFL, they will just turn their attention back to the Gators and the Jags will move to L.A. anyway.

PTR

as a Bills fan, the Jags are our best friend right now. NO WAY Buffalo loses its team before Jacksonville.

Tebow to the JAGS MUST NOT happen! Suddenly it will all be about the "savior of the Jacksonville franchise" and all that crap. We'll be BEGGING to hear the announcers gush about Tom Brady.

JAX is a JOKE of an NFL market. This is undeniable.