So where do people currently stand on a new head coach?

Rubes

The next Bills head coach  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which category are you leaning towards as your preference for the next head coach?

• One of the big name guys
    • Another NFL coordinator looking to make the big step up
    • A head coach from the college ranks
    • I don't care as long as they hire a decent GM

Just interested to see if the winds are shifting.

I would be happy with Mike Zimmer (a Parcells guy) or the Vikings' DC Leslie Frazier.

I don't think either of these guys is the next Gregg Williams.

Zimmer, especially, would be a hell of a good hire IMO.

Oh yeah, got to get a decent GM!

Very interesting. Most want the GM, as do I. That is what Buffalo needs - a football mind to set the philosophy and hire others can put it into action, HC being whoever the GM thinks can do it. Hope Ralph is listening, but since Russ is still in place, I guess he isn't.

It's the way to build the team...hire an experienced football guy to run that side of the house and let them take care of things. It seems like Ralph is very interested in making a big splash with an experienced coach, which I'm generally less keen on.

I voted for a quality GM. However, even teams with boat loads of talent and a crappy HC will most likely underachieve.

See San Diego. Here is a team that annually is ranked among the tops in the league in terms of talent. A lot of people would say that they have under achieved, in large part because of Norv Turner.

Bottom line is, ultimately you need both a good GM and HC.