coaching candidates

Re Zimmer:

He didn't walk into a disaster. Two 1st round CBs, a solid bunch of DEs and DTs, most of which were drafted, a 1st round top pick LB, now a LB that surprisingly slipped to the 2nd last draft, some vets acquired that have done quite well - Dhani Jones a few years ago, Chris Crocker, Roy Williams now on IR, Tank Williams. Rashard Jeanty is on the bench - Bills should have talked trade there... <_<

3rd rounder, GT's DE Micheal Johnson, looks to be big noise. And 2nd year 3rd rounder last year, DT Pat Sims. Both of these players fell into their laps.

Zim's a great guy. We all know about the untimely passing of his dear wife.

HC? Dunno...

I like the sound of both Grimm and Zimmer. I know this is a broken record, but if we don't get one of the big boys, we need someone that has fire and is a tough guy who will demand alot. This person should be chosen by our new, experienced, football minded GM.

It's interesting that they say L. Frazier could make a better head coach than coordinator, b/c that's exactly what I think of Perry Fewell. Fewell has already shown that he demands accountability and will bench a player regardless of name. He also looks like a passionate leader out there. Perry as a DC? Average. Perry as a HC? Above average.

Cowher is number one on my wish list. But if we go the coordinator route, I too have Russ Grimm at the top of my list. I absolutely love his blue-collar pedigree and with him being an O-Line guy, you know he'd fix ours and establish a dominant, two-headed monster of a run game that we ought to have.

Of course, it's all for naught if we don't bring in quality front office football people.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=102954

Same article is already being discussed about 12 posts down from yours. Check the search function.

I don't have time to scan every post, and I'm certainly not going to waste my time with the search function. As a consequence, I myself refrain from criticizing people for posting something that may have been posted earlier.

Heard from a very reliable source here in Pittsburgh that grimm has been contacted by several teams, but Buffalo was not one of them.

Are you suggesting rules are being broken? Allegedly it's tampering to contact a player or coach under contract in mid-season.

PTR

Are you suggesting rules are being broken? Allegedly it's tampering to contact a player or coach under contract in mid-season.

PTR

I don't think that's correct. As long as they have permission from the Steelers, other teams can talk to the assistants for a promotion.

i know this reasoning only makes for a good story line, but Russ Grimm is almost a typical buffalo kind of guy....hard working, nothing fancy, dirt under the 'fingernails' kind of guy....being an ex-OL is the kind of toughness that would fit in well with the Buffalo's, Pittsburg's and Cleveland's of the NFL world....for that reason alone I would be in his corner, his experience with AZ just adds to it.....bring him in!!!!! sadly, someone like grimm makes us wait until after playoffs......

I'm starting to like the sound of Russ Grimm. I think he could be the guy to shore up our OL, establish a solid running game and get a reasonably good QB to produce.

I think Grimm will be OK. I don't know why Fassel doesn't come up more in these discussions.

Also, I didn't think this would happen - but Fisher here in TN may be on his way out. There might have been a breach of contract by Bud Adams when he forced Fisher to play Young:

http://bit.ly/6kcTwx

Fisher is a conservative coach - but he does know how to hire an OC. See Heimerdinger.

C