Harry Reid: If you're against the Dem's health care

BillsNYC

I don't know why you're speechless...are his actions (or the feigned outrage of the right and the snarky replies of the left) really out of character for anyone?

Steele is right about one thing...Reid is under immense pressure. What he's wrong about is that's not what caused him to act in such a way. Polarizing and throwing barbs is just a standard Monday for these guys. Garbage in, garbage out...

I don't know why you're speechless...are his actions (or the feigned outrage of the right and the snarky replies of the left) really out of character for anyone?

Steele is right about one thing...Reid is under immense pressure. What he's wrong about is that's not what caused him to act in such a way. Polarizing and throwing barbs is just a standard Monday for these guys. Garbage in, garbage out...

Yes, what you say has truth to it, but there is no doubt that the rhetoric is stepping up a few notches, and the comment that he made was classless and a sign of desperation and frustration.

Yes, what you say has truth to it, but there is no doubt that the rhetoric is stepping up a few notches, and the comment that he made was classless and a sign of desperation and frustration.

Reid's histrionics aren't useful for anyone (including himself and his cause) but I don't see this as such a great assault. Democrats (rightly or wrongly) believe that Republicans are going beyond slowing this process down for critique and resorting to completely refusing to participate in this legislation. Reid clumsily explained this frustration in an inflammatory and divisive way. He didn't say "If you are an opponent of health care reform, you like slaves and hate women" (as this thread title implies), just that the perceived unwillingness to make progress on this legislation is akin to congressmen of yesterday dragging their feet on what turned out to be historical issues.

Now you can say "read between the lines" and that Reid was implying those things or even just tossing in stuff like slavery to confuse the issue, but I guess I just don't see how his words in this specific instance rise about the usual rhetoric politicians throw around while they are pretending to accomplish things. Listening to congressmen debate is like listening to dorky middle-schoolers argue...except that no one ever says anything funny, even by accident.

Steele's grandiose demand that he apologize to America is just as eye-rolling as Reid's blather. Unfortunately, this is how the game is played...

Reid's histrionics aren't useful for anyone (including himself and his cause) but I don't see this as such a great assault. Democrats (rightly or wrongly) believe that Republicans are going beyond slowing this process down for critique and resorting to completely refusing to participate in this legislation. Reid clumsily explained this frustration in an inflammatory and divisive way. He didn't say "If you are an opponent of health care reform, you like slaves and hate women" (as this thread title implies), just that the perceived unwillingness to make progress on this legislation is akin to congressmen of yesterday dragging their feet on what turned out to be historical issues.

Now you can say "read between the lines" and that Reid was implying those things or even just tossing in stuff like slavery to confuse the issue, but I guess I just don't see how his words in this specific instance rise about the usual rhetoric politicians throw around while they are pretending to accomplish things. Listening to congressmen debate is like listening to dorky middle-schoolers argue...except that no one ever says anything funny, even by accident.

Steele's grandiose demand that he apologize to America is just as eye-rolling as Reid's blather. Unfortunately, this is how the game is played...

Once again, I agree with what you are saying, my only point was that it was a classless comment that clearly shows his level of frustration with this process is just about at a boiling point. Thats what I'm sayin.

I like how all of the sudden its the Republicans who didn't want women to vote. It's so easy to re-write history when you own the education system.

This guy is a turd.

He's worse than that along with many others. It's a shame and a sham that he can't sell his plan on its merits.

Sounds just like the "Social Security Reform" the Republicans were trying to push through a few years back.

Once again, I agree with what you are saying, my only point was that it was a classless comment that clearly shows his level of frustration with this process is just about at a boiling point. Thats what I'm sayin.

And it shows that many of the people on this message board are more intelligent than they people who they elect!

Sounds just like the "Social Security Reform" the Republicans were trying to push through a few years back.

Touche